WM24PROE review by Washburn

Washburn: WM24PROE

Purchased from: Purchased online

I play a lot of metal and rock, and with it's mahogany body and EMGs, this guitar is suited perfectly to that type of music. It has a really heavy sound, and the stainless steel frets seem to add a bit of sharpness to the tone (I think this is a good thing). The pickups are totally silent when not being used, and I have never had any problems with them. I feel while this guitar is suited to metal, it is actually quite versatile, I was able to get some nice clean sounds from different amps and effects, however I would not recommend buying this guitar to play clean songs, not because it's bad, but because you could probably get better from a different guitar!

I am in love with this guitar. It is the best guitar I have owned and considering it's price, it's a NUTS deal. One can not even comprehend how much of a crazy deal this guitar was, when set up correctly, it plays like a guitar TRIPLE the price. I compared this to a more expensive Ibanez and Schecter and this beats them both by far. This guitar far surpassed my expectations and I am incredibly happy I bought it. If it were stolen or broken I would 100% buy another one even if it was double the cost. There is nothing about this guitar that I hate, it is sheer perfection. The only thing I wish it had was a neck-thru construction then it would be sheer perfection of a greater magnitude!

This guitar will withstand live playing. Period. It is an excellent guitar with an excellent sound, and is very presentable as it is a gorgeous guitar for any metal fan to look at. The hardware will last nicely, I have dropped it one or two times by accident and nothing has broken or even scratched. The strap buttons are made of a kind of plastic, however they are nice and sturdy and I haven't bothered to replace them as I have not felt that I needed to. I would definitely depend on it and I would definitely use it without a backup. The finish will last forever unless you somehow manage to bust it, and you can not fault the guitar for that.

The guitar come set up to standard tuning, the action was very low which I liked. The pickups were adjusted perfectly, as was the tremolo and the intonation. The guitar come with no flaws and was perfect, I tuned it to drop D and adjusted the usual things you have to adjust when dealing with a floyd rose and began to play straight away without having to adjust anything out of the ordinary. The guitar was set up perfectly and I overall I found no flaws after I inspected it (I'm always a bit skeptical when ordering things online hehe).

This guitar was made in 2009. It boasts a super fast phenolic fretboard with 24 stainless steel frets on thin mahogany neck. It is a solid body guitar, the body is mahogany and beautifully carved to give a stunning and unique appearance. The finish was glossy black, and it really goes well with the curves on the body, this beast also boasts a nice point reverse headstock that looks totally killer. The bridge is an original floyd rose tremolo, the guitar also came with original EMG 81 and 85 active pickups installed. There are two knobs, one for volume and the other for tone and 3 way selector switch. The guitar has black hardware and black Grover 18:1 tuners. With the guitar I got a excellent padded Washburn gig bag (the best gig bag I've seen in all my years of playing). Worth noting is it's phenolic fretboard, it's fast. Very fast. And very smooth, it is better than rosewood and anyone who is used to playing on rosewood would be amazed by the feel of the phenolic fretboard featured on this guitar.

Air_Stryker
    pokerhappy wrote: Looks like someone cut off the headstock and put it on backwards and sideways.
    Yeah bro, it's called a reverse headstock.
    mydian
    Wow the red one is really sexy. Looks like a sweet guitar for what you paid.