WM24V review by Washburn

Washburn: WM24V

Purchased from: Local Store (Turkey)

I don't really concentrate on a single music style but I must say that this guitar is perfect for rhythm and metal music. it's fret board is really fast, if you like soloing like Yngwie Malmsteen this guitar is for you. I am using this guitar with Marshall amp and a set of Boss effect pedals and by now I was able to generate every sound I wanted without any serious noise or tone problems, thanks to Randall pickups. Also this guitar is the most silent guitar I've seen; when you don't play it you don't hear any noise or something (nothing like my old Cort Zenox). Actually I'm not a fan of Floyd Rose and for me it doesn't make any sense but I think many would say it's a good one because unlike some other guitars (ex: Strat) it is buried deep into the body of the guitar and therefore it is easy to use. All in all, I think this a universal guitar that has a great range of sound and could be mentioned as a good quality product.

Maybe Washburn WM24V isn't in the top of the list but it's very durable guitar with good sound and controls. It may also be a good choice for a beginner. If it were stolen or lost I wouldn't buy it again, but surely I would buy the other Washburn WM24 (Just the same model but without Tremolo). I think this is a good guitar for a relatively low price.

I've already used this guitar on a few night parties. I think finish and also the other parts of this guitar will last forever. The strap buttons are made of polymer plastic; I've already changed them to the Grover Stars (Chrome) but I think that it's not a big deal to change the buttons; anyway they cost around 5 bucks.

I've been playing it for 3 hours a day (sometimes 16) for 7 months, I've changed the strings 4 times and I must say that it is just the same as when I bought it. Beside that I would recommend to use 09 strings because if you use higher strings u may have problems adjusting the bridge.

I bought this guitar when it first arrived in the store so I guess it was made in 2008. This model was made in Indonesia, it has 24 frets with nice star inlays, fast rosewood fret board, mahogany body and bolt-on 25, 5" neck also it has the original Floyd Rose bridge (Licensed Floyd Rose Trem System) and Randall pickups especially designed for Washburn. It has the body shape similar to classic Strat (If you look at it when you are 500mavay) with few controls: volume, tone and 3-way selector. At last I could mention the Grover Exclusive 18:1 tuners and the Buzz Feiten Tuning System which solves tuning and intonation problems. At the store I've got the Washburn gig bag, cable, Ibanez strap (Nothing to do with Washburn) and 4 Dunlop picks.

Sergosh
    There is a mistake in the first paragraph: it must be 500 meters away .
    areola
    I have this guitar. Nothing bad about it at all. Mine has Egnater pickups though. Will post a review when I am free.
    Destinyrider22
    cool im gettin the closeout 2009 edition its a beautiful ruby red with the Randalls and the FR just gotta pay the other 200$ i owe (already put $200 down as a down payment)and its good to know that someone agrees with me that its a great guitar though (btw mine doesnt have the inlay it leaves me to be creative with the inlay i want to put in. Maybe the Tree of Life like you find on a JEM)