WM24V review by Washburn

Washburn: WM24V

Purchased from: Gak

I mostly play heavy metal, thrash metal and death metal and this is the best guitar you can get for this style. its from the HM series ( heavy metal ) and it is very true! With some gain your palm mutes will sound extremely crunchy your harmonics will scream, the sustain is INCREDIBLE etc.. I run it through a Marshal amp with a Metal Zone ( wich is known as a very noisy pedal ) but I get absolutely NO noise when playing. I also play some regular Iron Maiden stuff to iced earth to Lamb of god and this thing Owns them all! There is really no tone you can't get with this thing if what you play is metal.

All in All this guitar Is the best you can get at this price.. I have played on an Ibanez RG350DX an Ibanez GIO a CortX6 and this is definetly better than all of them Tone wise and durability wise. the guitar looks hot and I've had it for 2 years and it is still perfect and i think ive found my guitar .. its perfect. If it were ever stolen I would definetly buy another one. I love everything about.. The only thing I hate is that the tuning thingys are too close to each other giving me a hard time sometimes to tune but thats probably because I have big fingers lol!'

this guitar WILL withsatnad live playing.. specialy that you can go HOURS of playing without messing up the tuning not even a bit. The hardware is very strong because i have dropped it a few times and bumped it into some walls but It seems very solid and nothing has been affected. I would definetly use it in a gig without a backup.

It came with a very high action but I lowered it and now its perfect! The pickups were Excellent too I still have no changed them and I don't think I will. It is much better than any other guitar where it comes all messed up and you have to spend hundred of bucks to Make it playable. The guitar has no flaws at all.

This thing has 24 Frets.. a thin rosewood neck wich gives you a nice grip on it if you like too shred. The Body is made out of mahogany wich in my opinion is the best if not one of the best woods for an electric guitar. It has a Floyd Rose bridge And is very easy to tune and lasts sometimes up to 2 weeks in perfect tuning ( with gutiar usage at about 2-3 hours a day and abuse of the whamy bar ;) ) It has a 3 way selector neck pickup - bridge pickup and both a volume and a tone controler. The Original pickups on it are Egnater ones wich are surprisingly good! They offer a warm bassy sound on the neck and a more "punchy" sound on the bridge pickup.

officernasty
    i just brought this guitar. has 24 frets, metallic red and super fast neck with beautiful inlays. easy to play and it has a awsome sound for metal and other type of music you play. i got mines for 450bucks worth every penny.
    burning angels
    I got a used one for $200 about 7 months ago and It is one of my best, and I own Dave Mustaines Rust In Peace signature guitar. One of my favorites, and it has cool inlays. I just wish i knew how to tune a floyd rose instead of blowing $20 every time I need them changed or set to a different tuning