WM24V review by Washburn

Washburn: WM24V

Purchased from: Halilit

The fun part. This guitar suits perfectly to my metal needs, and not only she screams like a beast, she also can sing beautiful and full clean sound that I wouldn't even expect her to go when I've tried her for the first time in the store. When it comes to heavy distorted tones or even more softer ones and even bright clean sound, the guitar would be a great choice. I'm using the guitar currently with a Roland cube combined with a DigiTech RP355 Multi effect device, keeps me satisfied for now. The pickups are completely silent, I would count it as a huge plus. The guitar is super flexible in it's variety of sound. Great guitar!

The overall impression is great because it suits perfectly for me as a progressive and metal musician and I think that it will suit anybody else, who searches for a great guitar with great tone. I've owned it for three months now and this guitar is my second one after an another Washburn (X20) and I'm still satisfied for buying their guitars (after three years of playing guitar), and believe me I've researched and Played many guitars in the same region of style and it won with no doubt. There are guitar that cost twice as much and this guitar takes them with no problem. If someone would have stolen it, I would persecute him until he will be brought to justice and jailed. And I would buy the WM526 which is quite the same but with a carbon epoxy fretboard, a set neck, and a pair of EMG (but costs three times more hh). I could not be any more attracted to that amazing body shape and sound. Great guitar, highly recommend it :).

As for reliability the guitar will be awesome on stage, won't even consider taken a replacement, just amazing. As for the hardware, the pickups will last nicely but the Bridge will rust in a couple'a years or so. The strap buttons are well solid and very reliable so all you need is to take a good Strat and rock on! The finish of the guitar will last forever I think unless you'll bust it, and there is no way to blame the guitar for that.

The Factory setup was great the guitar is very stable. The only thing that I didn't like was the action of the guitar, because I really wanted an Ibanez like action (crazy low I mean), but I've sorted it out, and now the guitar is with a decent action and it plays great. The pickups hight were just in the spot so no problems here. Mainly the guitar's shape was great and there weren't any particular flaws (I didn't find any of them :D) No 10 only because of the action, but some of you if not the most would find it the action perfect, so the guitar would be as a perfect 10 here to hh.

My Washburn WM24V was made in 2010 I guess, in Indonesia. It has 24 super awesome and comfortable frets on a super nice thin and completely black neck which is a smooth rosewood fretboard on a thin mahogany neck placed on a killing mahogany body. The guitar neck joint is a bolt-on emplacement though the accessibility to the upper frets is super nice and easy. The body style is as I like to describe, a "super strat" body, with the diabolic figure of the sharp ends and the bottom. The Bridge of the guitar is a "Licensed floyd rose" made by Washburn, in comparison to the original that I've played on quite many guitars, it's a lot better because it's more Agile and comfortable to use. The pickups are a Randall passive set, the XL and the UL. The Guitar has two black beautiful knobs for tone and volume, and a 3 way pickup Switch very high quality made and placed. The tuners of the guitar are Grover tuners, super awesome ones, completely black, very high Precision and sensitivity for the tuning. The included accessories are a gig bag that comes with a 1.5 cable and an extra spring for the floyd.