WM24V Review

9.1
 7,137
reviews (4) pictures (2) 8 comments vote for this gear:
WM24V Reviewed by: Sergosh, on march 02, 2009

Purchased from: Local Store (Turkey)

Features: I bought this guitar when it first arrived in the store so I guess it was made in 2008. This model was made in Indonesia, it has 24 frets with nice star inlays, fast rosewood fret board, mahogany body and bolt-on 25, 5" neck also it has the original Floyd Rose bridge (Licensed Floyd Rose Trem System) and Randall pickups especially designed for Washburn. It has the body shape similar to classic Strat (If you look at it when you are 500mavay) with few controls: volume, tone and 3-way selector. At last I could mention the Grover Exclusive 18:1 tuners and the Buzz Feiten Tuning System which solves tuning and intonation problems. At the store I've got the Washburn gig bag, cable, Ibanez strap (Nothing to do with Washburn) and 4 Dunlop picks. // 9

Sound: I don't really concentrate on a single music style but I must say that this guitar is perfect for rhythm and metal music. it's fret board is really fast, if you like soloing like Yngwie Malmsteen this guitar is for you. I am using this guitar with Marshall amp and a set of Boss effect pedals and by now I was able to generate every sound I wanted without any serious noise or tone problems, thanks to Randall pickups. Also this guitar is the most silent guitar I've seen; when you don't play it you don't hear any noise or something (nothing like my old Cort Zenox). Actually I'm not a fan of Floyd Rose and for me it doesn't make any sense but I think many would say it's a good one because unlike some other guitars (ex: Strat) it is buried deep into the body of the guitar and therefore it is easy to use. All in all, I think this a universal guitar that has a great range of sound and could be mentioned as a good quality product. // 9

Action, Fit & Finish: I've been playing it for 3 hours a day (sometimes 16) for 7 months, I've changed the strings 4 times and I must say that it is just the same as when I bought it. Beside that I would recommend to use 09 strings because if you use higher strings u may have problems adjusting the bridge. // 9

Reliability & Durability: I've already used this guitar on a few night parties. I think finish and also the other parts of this guitar will last forever. The strap buttons are made of polymer plastic; I've already changed them to the Grover Stars (Chrome) but I think that it's not a big deal to change the buttons; anyway they cost around 5 bucks. // 9

Overall Impression: Maybe Washburn WM24V isn't in the top of the list but it's very durable guitar with good sound and controls. It may also be a good choice for a beginner. If it were stolen or lost I wouldn't buy it again, but surely I would buy the other Washburn WM24 (Just the same model but without Tremolo). I think this is a good guitar for a relatively low price. // 9

WM24V Reviewed by: unregistered, on november 08, 2010

Purchased from: Gak

Features: This thing has 24 Frets.. a thin rosewood neck wich gives you a nice grip on it if you like too shred. The Body is made out of mahogany wich in my opinion is the best if not one of the best woods for an electric guitar. It has a Floyd Rose bridge And is very easy to tune and lasts sometimes up to 2 weeks in perfect tuning ( with gutiar usage at about 2-3 hours a day and abuse of the whamy bar ;) ) It has a 3 way selector neck pickup - bridge pickup and both a volume and a tone controler. The Original pickups on it are Egnater ones wich are surprisingly good! They offer a warm bassy sound on the neck and a more "punchy" sound on the bridge pickup. // 10

Sound: I mostly play heavy metal, thrash metal and death metal and this is the best guitar you can get for this style. its from the HM series ( heavy metal ) and it is very true! With some gain your palm mutes will sound extremely crunchy your harmonics will scream, the sustain is INCREDIBLE etc.. I run it through a Marshal amp with a Metal Zone ( wich is known as a very noisy pedal ) but I get absolutely NO noise when playing. I also play some regular Iron Maiden stuff to iced earth to Lamb of god and this thing Owns them all! There is really no tone you can't get with this thing if what you play is metal. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: It came with a very high action but I lowered it and now its perfect! The pickups were Excellent too I still have no changed them and I don't think I will. It is much better than any other guitar where it comes all messed up and you have to spend hundred of bucks to Make it playable. The guitar has no flaws at all. // 9

Reliability & Durability: this guitar WILL withsatnad live playing.. specialy that you can go HOURS of playing without messing up the tuning not even a bit. The hardware is very strong because i have dropped it a few times and bumped it into some walls but It seems very solid and nothing has been affected. I would definetly use it in a gig without a backup. // 10

Overall Impression: All in All this guitar Is the best you can get at this price.. I have played on an Ibanez RG350DX an Ibanez GIO a CortX6 and this is definetly better than all of them Tone wise and durability wise. the guitar looks hot and I've had it for 2 years and it is still perfect and i think ive found my guitar .. its perfect. If it were ever stolen I would definetly buy another one. I love everything about.. The only thing I hate is that the tuning thingys are too close to each other giving me a hard time sometimes to tune but thats probably because I have big fingers lol!' // 10

WM24V Reviewed by: disraeli029, on may 04, 2011

Purchased from: Halilit

Features: My Washburn WM24V was made in 2010 I guess, in Indonesia. It has 24 super awesome and comfortable frets on a super nice thin and completely black neck which is a smooth rosewood fretboard on a thin mahogany neck placed on a killing mahogany body. The guitar neck joint is a bolt-on emplacement though the accessibility to the upper frets is super nice and easy. The body style is as I like to describe, a "super strat" body, with the diabolic figure of the sharp ends and the bottom. The Bridge of the guitar is a "Licensed floyd rose" made by Washburn, in comparison to the original that I've played on quite many guitars, it's a lot better because it's more Agile and comfortable to use. The pickups are a Randall passive set, the XL and the UL. The Guitar has two black beautiful knobs for tone and volume, and a 3 way pickup Switch very high quality made and placed. The tuners of the guitar are Grover tuners, super awesome ones, completely black, very high Precision and sensitivity for the tuning. The included accessories are a gig bag that comes with a 1.5 cable and an extra spring for the floyd. // 10

Sound: The fun part. This guitar suits perfectly to my metal needs, and not only she screams like a beast, she also can sing beautiful and full clean sound that I wouldn't even expect her to go when I've tried her for the first time in the store. When it comes to heavy distorted tones or even more softer ones and even bright clean sound, the guitar would be a great choice. I'm using the guitar currently with a Roland cube combined with a DigiTech RP355 Multi effect device, keeps me satisfied for now. The pickups are completely silent, I would count it as a huge plus. The guitar is super flexible in it's variety of sound. Great guitar! // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: The Factory setup was great the guitar is very stable. The only thing that I didn't like was the action of the guitar, because I really wanted an Ibanez like action (crazy low I mean), but I've sorted it out, and now the guitar is with a decent action and it plays great. The pickups hight were just in the spot so no problems here. Mainly the guitar's shape was great and there weren't any particular flaws (I didn't find any of them :D) No 10 only because of the action, but some of you if not the most would find it the action perfect, so the guitar would be as a perfect 10 here to hh. // 9

Reliability & Durability: As for reliability the guitar will be awesome on stage, won't even consider taken a replacement, just amazing. As for the hardware, the pickups will last nicely but the Bridge will rust in a couple'a years or so. The strap buttons are well solid and very reliable so all you need is to take a good Strat and rock on! The finish of the guitar will last forever I think unless you'll bust it, and there is no way to blame the guitar for that. // 10

Overall Impression: The overall impression is great because it suits perfectly for me as a progressive and metal musician and I think that it will suit anybody else, who searches for a great guitar with great tone. I've owned it for three months now and this guitar is my second one after an another Washburn (X20) and I'm still satisfied for buying their guitars (after three years of playing guitar), and believe me I've researched and Played many guitars in the same region of style and it won with no doubt. There are guitar that cost twice as much and this guitar takes them with no problem. If someone would have stolen it, I would persecute him until he will be brought to justice and jailed. And I would buy the WM526 which is quite the same but with a carbon epoxy fretboard, a set neck, and a pair of EMG (but costs three times more hh). I could not be any more attracted to that amazing body shape and sound. Great guitar, highly recommend it :). // 10

WM24V Reviewed by: unregistered, on june 19, 2012

Features: My Washburn WM24V was made in Indonesia in 2009. It features 24 stainless steel frets on a nice and smooth phenolic fingerboard. A Mahogany body and bolt on mahogany neck which is nice and thin, very comfortable to use. The finish was a glossy black all over the guitar, which went very well with the carved top body giving a really sexy look to it. The bridge is a floyd rose (licensed), the pickups are a Randall passive set which I think are suited nicely to metal and rock. Other things included are grover 18:1 tuners, buzz feiten tuning system and one volume, one tone and a 3-way selector switch. // 9

Sound: This guitar is best suited for metal, the Randall pickups are good stock pickups, the bridge pickup is nice, picks up harmonics nicely, lots of bite. The neck pickup leaves a bit to be desired, it lacks a bit of warmth to it but it's still okay. For stock pickups they perform pretty well, I would advise changing them for any serious gigging. // 7

Action, Fit & Finish: The guitar was not set up when I ordered it, but given my experience with floyd rose guitars this was not a setback and I set it up in less than 30 minutes. The was no flaws in the construction of the guitar apart from a little tiny bit of the lacquer missing on a corner of the headstock, but it was barely noticeable and should not deter you from buying this guitar. The routing for the bridge routing was really nice, it allows the bridge to be buried deep in the guitar for those crazy pitch shifts and whatnot. All the guitar routing was spot on without flaw, no problems with construction whatsoever. // 9

Reliability & Durability: This guitar will withstand live playing. The hardware will last niceley I imagine and so will the finish. You wont have to worry about fret wear or anything of the sort thanks to the stainless steel frets. I would depend on this guitar in a gig without a backup if I had no choice, but I always take a backup to a gig no matter the situation. Strap buttons are nice and solid, so you don't have to worry about dropping the guitar on stage or anything. // 9

Overall Impression: I play a lot of metal, and this guitar is a good match for the price. I have been playing for 3 years now and this guitar blew me away with it's quality and playability. I have played on a Ibanez RG350DX and a Schecter Damien-FR and this guitar beats them both. My only complaint about this guitar is that the whammy bar for the bridge wobbles a little bit when it is not screwed tightly enough in to the bridge, which can be a bit uncomfortable to use. If it were stolen or lost I would buy a Washburn WM526 which is in my eyes the best guitar ever made, but that is just my opinion. I wish this guitar had an original floyd rose and some better pickups, but apart from the latter I am very pleased with this guitar and I will definitely buy a Washburn WM526 in the near future if I can find one. // 8

Comments