WR150 review by Washburn

Washburn: WR150

Purchased from: Auckland Rockshop

This guitar has a lot of tone, it sounds really good with mild distortion, and you can get a nice almost acoustic sound out of it too. It suits my Led Zep, Pink Floyd, Neil Young and such, quite well. I use it with a Boss ME-50, and a custom DS-1 and a Marshall MG50DFX amp. This lets me get almost anything out of it. I have noticed that it does make a bit of fuzz on some of the pickup settings, but I have a noise suppressor.

This is quite an easy guitar to play for beginners, it has very accesible higer frets, but they are sort of thin. I've been doing music for 7 years, but only 2 years of guitar, I play lead guitar in a band, and this guitar is always great. If it were stolen, god forbid, then I would buy a cheap Epiphone with the savings that I don't have! In general it's a really good guitar for its price.

This guitar seems solid enough, but I haven't thrown it anywhere yet, but I've had it for 2 years and it's still in its original condition, the strap buttons are fine, but my strap isn't, it's not too heavy though.

I haven't changed anything on this since I got it. The action is perfect, you have to really hit it to get any buzz, and if you do, then its your fault anyway. The whammy bar does sometimes detune the guitar. Which is annoying, but apart from that and the pickup thing I mentioned before, it's great.

This guitar was designed and made in Chicago, I'm pretty sure its hand made, due to the large shiny plate on the back saying "Handcrafted Since 1883." It has a nice metallic kind of finish and chrome hardware. Comes with a whammy bar and 5-way pickup selector. The pickups are 1 humbucker and 2 single coils and there is a volume dial and a tone dial. The tuners are grover 18/1's. 24 frets.

Philospheros
    I have Washburn WR 150 and it has this plate on the back as well, but I must say - these guitars are made somewhere in Asia. I had it for four years now, but I began liking it's sound only when I installed Dimarzio Distortion3 humbucker - it has achieved a damn solid sustain, because the one offered by factory pickups was very unsatisfying. Besides I love this guitar - solid, wonderful neck, even better than the famous Ibanez's Wizard 2 - in my opinion
    guitar_kid_alex
    this is the kind of guitar that i have but i think its just my amp that gives it sucky distortion
    doomey22a
    I have this guitar, and i love it. I brought it off a mate who brought it off a mate two years ago and its still going fine. The Fulcrum style bridge is a bit of a pain in the ass, it detunes easily. But thats probably my fault and not the guitars. I'm thinking of getting a floyd rose put in instead . It be a sick guitar 9/10