X10 review by Washburn

Washburn: X10

Purchased from: World Music Supply

I'm still a newbie at this, so it's my first guitar. I'm using the amp it came with and it sounds ok, I guess. Pretty good to start out with. One thing that irritates me is the buzzing. I thought it was just because I sucked, but it seems to be standard with this one from reading other reviews. Other than that, it sounds pretty good.

I haven't really "discovered" my style yet, but it seems to be decent at any style. If I had it to do over, I would still buy this package for a starter if only for the value. If it was stolen, I'd probably go for a higher quality guitar, now that I know I enjoy playing. World Music Supply was great to deal with. I had some credit card issues with the shipping/billing address and they took the time to make it work.

Other than the cracks, it seems really sturdy and durable. Everything is pretty solid.

The only defect I've found is a crack on both sides of the body where the neck connects to it. I didn't notice it when I first got it, so I can't say it came from the factory like that, but I've never subjected it to anything that would cause it. The cracks are small hairline cracks, so I'm not sure if it affects it, it still seems pretty solid. Like I said, I'm a newbie. Other than that it looks really good, smudges wipe off easily and it doesn't seem to scratch easily. But, again, I'm not that rough with it. Yet.