X10 review by Washburn

Washburn: X10

Purchased from: shear's music

When I intially bought the guitar I didn't have a particular sound I wanted to play, but after owning the Washburn X10 for a month I decided it gave me a good punk style sound with the humbucker pick up. I upgraded from the Marshall MG10CD amp it came with and bought a 60watt Roland cube which also sounds good with the X10. I also use a hot rod distortion pedal with it. The overal sound is good but not the best. I prefer to use the humbucker pick up and have my tone knob up the whole way to get the best sound. The variety of the sound is pretty small, you get a dull metal sound with out tone and with all the tone and using the humbucker you get a punk sound.

I prefer playing punk-style music and this is a perfect match for it with the humbucker pick up. Before I purchased the product I wish I would have known about the paint thinning and the finish problems. I would compare the X10 to a Squier Strat, but a better upgrade compared to the Strat.

I have played this guitar live and it is fine. There weren't any real noticiable problems with the guitar other then the paint. The strap buttons are fine, I never have a problem with them. The finish on the other hand is poor, if your looking for a guitar for looks and not sound I don't reccomend this particular guitar.

When I purchased the X10 it was already set up for me, which was a big help. Everything was adjusted fine. The only real flaw with the Washburn X10 was that pain chipped off after a month or two of buying it, but that was very fixable myself. The guitar had no real problem with it.

The Washburn X10 was my first electric guitar purchase. I bought it 3 years ago after playing acoustic for 5 years. The Washburn X10 was made in China. I purchased it for 199.00, with an amp. The guitar then was only about 150.00 dollars. It was a great guitar for starting out on. There weren't any intial problems with the guitar, it was a great guitar to start out on. After about a month the paint began to chip off a bit, nothing to major happened to it though. It has a 5-way selector, and has a tone and volume knobs. The volume and tone knobs are metal style and give the guitar a little better look. The guitar I got game with a case, gig bag, strap, cable and a pretty basic 10 watt amp. The amp model it came with is a Marshall MG10CD and is good for someone new to guitar.