X10 review by Washburn

• Reviewer's score: 7 Good
Washburn: X10

Purchased from: Room2Rock

Well I mainly play metal and punk rock. It does well for a beginner guitar but you can't get the metallica sound if you get what I mean it's a good deal for the price, but if you are a bit more advanced player you might want to consider another guitar. The only problem I had was with pinch harmonics.. They are hard to produce on this guitar. The tuning is great if you never use the whammy once you use the whammy you must tune it back again.

Overall this guitar has done well.. It got me playing I would recommend it to any beginner starting out as its a really great guitar and its not frustrating learning on it. If it were stolen or lost I'd kill the person who stole it even if its a beginner guitar which is of poor build compared to high end ones it still holds a place in my heart I love everything about it. I've compared it to my friends bc rich warbeast well the warbeast sounded better but I prefer my X10 over the beast.

The guitar is very reliable I take it back and forth to many places and only in a gig bag and its still in one piece. The hardware is really solid I have dropped it several times and its still in great shape. On a gig this guitar can withstand it but i'm definitely going to need a backup.The finish is great, it only got a few scratches even tho i'm very rough on the guitar.

The guitar was almost perfectly set. Everything was perfect, the action does get a bit high when you got towards the body. The only thing that I hated about it was that the input jack came lose after only 2 weeks. After a year of playing the input jack wires were cut off because of the constant movement of the input jack had to solder them again in place.

Made in China. 24 frets, with a 25.5 scale. The neck is thin, awesome, and easy to play on. The neck is maple, the fretboard is rosewood, and the body is a light and comfortable basswood. The finish is a glossy black. It attracts some dust. The guitar is Strat shaped, without a pickguard. The bridge is a classic Stratocaster style. The electronics are passive. It has a tone knob and a volume knob, with a 5 way selector for the pickups. The pickups are in an HSS configuration. The tuners are Grover die cast ones. it came as a beginner pack it had gig bag strap cable amp tuner it says it has picks included but there wasn't.

AARWave
    I've had this guitar for 6 years or so and still I'm yet to play a guitar that feels better than this. I know it's always biased opinion because you learn to like the sound when you listen to it for long enough and have no comparison. I had old 80s(?) ESP Mirage for a while (during my short lived grindcore-deathmetal-era) but every time I picked up the Washburn after playing the ESP I was wondering "Why do I pay 700 for a guitar and play it when playing this is so much more comfortable and "faster"/easier due the low action." Admittedly the ESP beats this round and round with the Floyd Rose because it's pain to keep tune with this in rough playing. Absolutely a great guitar for beginners if nothing else!
    KezarHighwind
    I own this shit. Don't buy it, seriously, you'd better save some cash for other good guitars.