X12 review by Washburn

Washburn: X12

Purchased from: J-Ville Guitar Arkansas

i use an old Vester amp plugged into a Crate plugged into, blieve it or not, an Acoustic bass amp. I use an Ibanez de7 delay pedal and an Ibanez Smash Box. I've almost every genre on this thing and it has put out to full potential. When you get this guitar don't think as it being already compleat with your sound just think of it as a canvas. Right now I'm using it for mainly progressive metal because of its versatility. When you have the switch in the bridge position you get a clean sound that rival's les paul's lead. In the bridge/neck position you get a very ballsy and very very clean roar. In the neck posion it sounds as if all of doom is on its march. but all that is for just playing metal. You can use this guitar to do any type of music you want.

This guitar is a good match for any type of musician it's the perfect canvas for creating work and then perfecting and then playing. I've been playing for 8 years now and I own everything from a Les Paul to a Telecaster this is by far one of my favorite guitars to play live and in the studio. If it was stolen I think I would go ape shit because of my connection to this beast. The only thing I wish is that the body was a little thinner. Buy it and make it your own.

This guitar is built solid, the perfect work horse guitar. You can put this thing through hell on fire and it would still rock. The only is that your hand sweat could rust the megnents in the pickups. I replaced the strap buttons not because they wern't solid but because it just wanted straplocks.

When I got this guitar from the factory the only problem was the action which had to be ajusted only slightly. Everything was routed properly it was almost in perfect condition exept for one thing. Now this might be just me but I hate a shit load of gloss so I stripped it and now its perfect. Exept the coating on the actual magnets on the pickups rusted from so much use and so did the fine tuners on the bridge. The bridge fine tuners might want to be replaced but as far as the pickups go leave them alone because you will get such a rad sound you won't know how to describe it.

The model I have is a 2007 model that was made in china of all places. It comes Standard with 24 jumbo frets on a rosewood finger board. The neck isn't really flat but the width of its as thin as a wizard II. has a laminated quilted maple top. The double cut away makes it very easy to reach all of the frets. Has a hard tail string through bridge and passive pickups. Just Standard volume and tone knobs with a three way selector switch. Two Washburn HH pickups gives it mass controll to make it sound like a beast or a kittin. Standard Washburn non locking tuners actuall work just a well as grovers.

zeb.lisch.7
    just bought this off ebay, can hardly wait till it gets here. i'll post my experience when I get a chance to put it through its Paces. thanks everyone, you're posts have been very helpful & made me Glad i decided to pull the trigger on the ebay Buy.