X20 review by Washburn

• Reviewer's score: 5.2 Decent
Washburn: X20

This guitar doesn't suit my music style which is anything from minor threat to green day. At this moment I am using a Boss ds1 distortion and a Randall 15 watt amp. It only sounds good with distortion andthat sound reminds me of a cross between minor threat and the ramones. it has a fairly crappy sound.

I play a fast style of punk music, but I am trying to incorporate an AFI/Nirvana sound and im not so sure I can do it with this guitar. I have only been playing for a year and this is my first guitar but I have played others (J. Reynolds, ESP, Fender). If it were stolen then I would be kind of happy because then I would have an excuse to get a better one. Unfortunately I didn't have a chance to try any other guitars because my parents bought me this one without my consent.

I'm not so sure that the guitar would withstand live playing because I just started my band about a week ago. It's not that the hardwear seems not to last, it simply doesn't. the strap buttons are fairly solid. I wouldn't use it in a gig without a backup, but unfortunately I don't have a choice at this point.

When the guitar came from the factory it was set up really well nothing was loose broken or damaged but stuff started getting messed up after a few months. The pickups were a little two low for my taste but that was easily fixed.

When I bought the guitar it was new and I got it two years ago. This was my first guitar and now i HATE it. The guitar stays in tune for about an hour. It has a tremolo but it also sucks. The first time you use it it puts the guitar WAY out of tune. The string-thru body makes it really annoying to change the strings. The neck is a fat c shape. The guitar comes with a tone and volume Switch and a 5 way selector but the tone Switch is already broken.