X20 review by Washburn

Washburn: X20

Purchased from: Acadia Music

My music style is punk to hard rock and some metal. This hguitar does the rock very well. Its humbuckler has a deep sound which is pretty good. I have a Marshall 15 watt and with the distortion on it makes a horrible screeching sound at high levels. It has a very bright and puse sound oin clen through. I think this guitar could play many styles but would'nt be very good at them. Jack of all trades, master of none.

I play mostly rock, punk and metal and this guitar is great for these types. Like I said before jack of all trades master of none. I've been playing about 3 months now and wish I would've got Washburn's other model, the WI64. If it were stolen I would'nt buy it again cause well imbored of it. I would get the WI64. I really like its look though, but it's heavier than most of the guitars I played on.

This guitar is very well made. I wouldn't gig without a backup through because last time I did, my strap broke. Not the guitars fault but nontheless bad. The pins are pretty stuck in there so I wouldn't worry about that.

The guitar was pretty well set up and I haven't changed a thing except the pickups.

I'm not sure the year or where it is built. It has 24 frets whcih is all maple. Body is made of alder I beleive and the neck is maple. It is a Strat style guitar. String thru-body. It has volum and tone knobs and a 5-way selector. It has a humbuckler and 2 single and I think they are wahburn standard. I got a bag, strap and a couple of picks. It does have a tremolo bridge (floating) and that works pretty well. Just the problem is if you play too hard and accident puch on it during a gig.