X20 review by Washburn

Washburn: X20

I play many different styles and this guitar is very versitile. The strings that came with it were very mediocre if not poor, I replaced them with some ernie ball strings and the thing makes a fantastic sound! The 5-way selector Switch provides many different sounds which is great for the beginner guitarist who may want to experiment and change their style after a few months of playing. You can grind some heavy metal from it and scream some blues pretty easily provided you have a decent amp. I use a Marshall amp and it sounds great with it. it doesn't sound very good at all on some cheaper amps I tried out though. Overall I couldn't expect a better sound for the 150 pounds I payed for it, I would rate it a 4 but for 150 pounds the price really doesnt reflect on the sound.

Very versatile, I play many different types of music on my guitar ans it seems to be pretty suitable (it doesn't look it) blues, metal, punk, grunge (deep down we all love powerchords) and some other alternative rock. I hate to stomp on my distortion pedal at times because I miss the clean sound! I highly recommend this to beginner guitarists. If it was stolen I would probably get a different guitar, not because I dont like this guitar but because I would probably like to try something else! I noticed that this doesnt rattle very much unless you pluck to E string too hard, which is unlike most beginner guitars I've played (Squier, Encore and some more, some other random ones I forgot the name of) I love the fret board on this guitar, it looks and feels far superior to other guitars of the same price but I disliked the strings that came with it, they gave a very dull tone and had little sustain as if they were very old, (not a very nice first impression, especially for beginners) the guitar sounds 100 pounds better with decent strings! I wish it had 2 tone dials, not that the one it has isnt sufficient, but because I'm picky! note that I compared this guitar with the guitars I've played of the same price. I am yet to find a better guitar for this price!

The guitar came in great condition. Nothing special though.