X20 review by Washburn

Washburn: X20

Purchased from: Local Music Store

This guitar is very good for its price and is a great begginers guitar. I got this when I was younger (I'm 16) and I enjoyed how it can go from pleasent sounds on clean (great clean) to head banging metal with the humblucker. I have a Boss DS-1 Distortion pedal and that only adds to its diverse sounds. So for its price it's a very good guitar.

I play mostly punk, rock and some metal. I love this guitar for it. I have a Gibson Explorer and I use that for more "heavy" songs but for mosly everything else I use this! If someone stole it I'm not sure if I'd buy it again because weather or not I caught the guy and removed the thumbs with a hammer I'm currently saving up for a bigger amp. I'd guess I had to suffice with the Explorer(very good guitar, highly reccomended for intermediate to master players). I've campared it to squire stat and tele and some other annymouse guitars at the stior and chose this one for its sound and look. I love its look. Like I said ealier, it gives off a shiny flash in light which during gigs is wonderfull. I had a same solo moment at my school when I did a solo and the guitar was shining all the way through. Also for 200 bucks you can't go wrong.

This guitar is very well made and the strap pins are very well "stuck" in the guitar. I've dropped it 4 times in one day and had it go through a airplanes cargo hold with a gig bag. Washburn made a very strong and durable guitar.

I'm not really sure where or whne this guitar was made but whoever did it I give props to them. It's a 24 fret Strat style guitar. I'm pretty sure it's made of alder and on mine the neck and fretboard is pure maple. It has a very dark black colour which shines in light which gives off a grat vibe during gigs. It has 2 single coil and 1 humbucker. I got a bag strap and a lot of picks.

b-unit1001
    Hi have this guitar and i like it im not fond on the colour and its got this kind of crackle when i play it with the tone up.
    mark_1243
    Do you know if this guitar can stand #11 strings? Because I put one of those but the bridge couldn't stand them.