X200 PROE review by Washburn

Washburn: X200 PROE

Sounds great! I'm using this with my Roland Cube 60 and it's simply amazing, especially for the price I paid for it. Palm muting is really crunchy and nice. This guitar also sounds amazing on the clean channel on my amp. As yet I have noticed no feedback at all which is a massive improvement from my shitty Squier I had. I can only imagine just how awesome this would sound in a tube amp. I find it's pickups brilliant for metal music and for this price it owns all the ibanez/jackson/esp guitars for around 250. A very good second guitar. For the money this is worth 10/10 easy. You'd have to spend 350 + to get a better sounding guitar I'm sure.

I'm playing mainly metal and rock at the moment and it's perfect for it. If you are looking for a decent fixed bridge for a nice price this is it right here! I haven't touched my Squier since I bought this and I'm not missing it either! If someone stole it I'd be suicidal. The thought of going back to the Squier if I lost this guitar makes me cry. You don't normally see a guitar with active emg's for 250. I was looking to either get this guitar or the Ibanez rg321ex and I'm glad I chose this one. The Ibanez was a little less but only had passive "designed by EMG" pickups.

It's a very simplistic guitar, it feels tough and sturdy enough to me, I'm sure it'd be ace for Live shows etc. I haven't had it very long so I can't really comment too much about it's reliability. The strap fittings are really solid and hold in the strap nicely and are black in colour which makes it all the more metal. Everything on this guitar feels like it's built to last due to it's simplicity and quality.

As I said I don't know the type of wood on the body but it's a very excellent finish with really nice varnishing. The pickups are good, the action was pretty much perfect for me, the only thing I can complain about is a bit of dirt/rust around the bolts on the bridge which I'm going to have to remove to get it cleaned properly. I have fitted some D'addario 11 gauge strings and it takes them fine, I'm sure this guitar will be able to adjust to many different sizes of string.

The guitar looks really stunning and has a very nice shine to it. Really nice rosewood fretboard with 24 frets which plays really nicely with no fret buzz at all. I can't find any specs for the type of wood on the body which annoyed me a little. It's been fitted with Active EMG's (81+85's) which sound awesome especially for metal music. It has a volume switch, 3-way selector and a tone switch. The tuning is the "Buzz Feiten tuning system" Grover 18:1 tuners. Also comes with a very nicely padded Washburn gig bag which will be handy if I decide to join a band in the near future. The fretboard inlays are near the top of the fretboard which I think looks great and different.

Big_Rat
    That's the wrong pic BTW guys, look in my profile if you want to see a decent picture of it.
    Korzack
    I remember reading a TG review of the range - the features sound good, but the only flaw is the Agathis body, which explains how you can get proper EMG's, Buzz Faiten tuning system an' good quality grover tuners. It'll still sound awesome, but it does somewhat smack of a Jaguar engine, bodywork and all the rest been slapped on top of a Ford's chassis and electronics.
    ChokingHazards
    hey, i was wondering, that is the wrong picture right? so if i order a washburn x200 pro will it be like the one one your profile Big_Rat or will it be like the one in the review? is it with EMG pickups?
    Big_Rat
    Yep 81 in the bridge. The neck is quite different to an Ibanez one tbh. It's a little thicker but plays really nicely. I can get a really good action on it though, like you can with Ibanez guitars.