X22 review by Washburn

Washburn: X22

Purchased from: consignment music shop

I'd say it goes with almost all styles,mine is rock and metal. The amp that I'm using is Peavy rage no effects exsept distortion. It's not to me. The sound is bright on bridge pickup lot of bass on neck pickup with both it sounds good.

They stopped making this model X22. But the X12 is the same with a gloss finish.

Playing live I suggest somthing around $300 and up. I think this is a great beginer and inermidiate guitar for practice.

Factory setup was prombly tweaked with.The neck felt fast and smooth. The strings height is little high I'm planning to lower them soon. The pickups were low so I raised them. No flaws with it. The changes that I made were easy to do.

I bought the X22 used so I don't know what year it is. I've looked all over to check where it was made couldn't find China or anthing like that. It has 3 way Switch, volume and tone controls, 2 passive humbuckers from Washburn themself, and string thru design. The neck is maple, fretboard is rosewood. The body is looks like a Strat. Grover tuners.