X22 Review

manufacturer: Washburn date: 07/16/2004 category: Electric Guitars
Washburn: X22
Solid maple body, hardtail bridge, WB630 HH pickups, 3 way tone, switch, rosewood fingerboard with dot inlay, bolt on maple neck, exclusive grover 18:1 gear ratio tuners.
 8.6
 9.2
review (1) user comments vote for this gear:
X22 Reviewed by: unregistered, on july 16, 2004

Purchased from: consignment music shop

Features: I bought the X22 used so I don't know what year it is. I've looked all over to check where it was made couldn't find China or anthing like that. It has 3 way Switch, volume and tone controls, 2 passive humbuckers from Washburn themself, and string thru design. The neck is maple, fretboard is rosewood. The body is looks like a Strat. Grover tuners. // 8

Sound: I'd say it goes with almost all styles,mine is rock and metal. The amp that I'm using is Peavy rage no effects exsept distortion. It's not to me. The sound is bright on bridge pickup lot of bass on neck pickup with both it sounds good. // 8

Action, Fit & Finish: Factory setup was prombly tweaked with.The neck felt fast and smooth. The strings height is little high I'm planning to lower them soon. The pickups were low so I raised them. No flaws with it. The changes that I made were easy to do. // 10

Reliability & Durability: Playing live I suggest somthing around $300 and up. I think this is a great beginer and inermidiate guitar for practice. // 6

Overall Impression: They stopped making this model X22. But the X12 is the same with a gloss finish. // 8

Comments