X30 review by Washburn

Washburn: X30

Purchased from: online

I am somewhat dissapointed in the sound. It has a good clean tone and is alright for playing classic rock (rolling stones, etc). If I crank up the gain on my amp (a Marshall MG40) it makes a good metal sound. It doesn't sound well if you want to use it to play hard rock and stuff. Still a good sound though and that's probably just my s--ty amp.

I like this guitar. It's got a good sound that I like, and it would be better if I didn't have such a cheap amp. Pretty good if your a begginer and wanna graduate to an electric or you've been playing for awhile and what a good electric. If I lost it I might replace it, or get the X33 (tremelo). Otherwise I would get a Stratocaster. Still, a good overall guitar.

I already put took out a small chunck at the top of it. I accedentally hit the side of my desk while putting it on my stand. It's probably my own stupidity, but I don't think I hit it that hard. Also, since there's no pick-guard, I have accidentally scratched it a couple places. What amazes me is these small nicks come out just by polishing the area. So the finish is pretty good.

I like the finish on it. It's a good glossy black, with absolutly nothing else on it. There's not even numbers on the tone or volume Switch which pissed me off when I first got it. Only a couple of dots on the side of the neck. The lack of really anythin sort of makes it look better if you can get around the first couple weeks of not remember what setting you left the tone and volume Switch. You also gotta watch since some of the screws become loose on the pickups pretty easy.

- 2004 - Strat style - Bolt on neck - Rosewood fingerboard - 5-way Switch - Tune-O-Matic bridge - Headhunter humbuckers pickups - 18:1 gear ratio tuners Note: X33 is the exact same guitar except it has a tremelo Pretty good features, I got this for chrismas, so I would say my dad did a good job. Good guitar for a begginer looking for a good electric or an intermediat guitarist.