X33 Review

manufacturer: Washburn date: 01/16/2006 category: Electric Guitars

Sign up to get weekly digest with top stories from UG. Ads free, only news.

Thanks for subscribing! Check your email soon for some great stories from UG

Washburn: X33
A singe coil classic! The carved top X33 is a solid performer and is perfectly at home performing country, rock & blues.
 8.4
 6.8
 1,221
review (1) 1 comment vote for this gear:
X33 Reviewed by: Spike_S, on january 16, 2006

Features: I am not sure what year or where this guitar was made but it comes with 24 frets with an X inlay, Solid Carved Top Alder Body, it is available with either a maple or rosewood fingerboard, bolt-on neck, Washburn Shaman single coil pickups, Wasburn designed Fulcrum tremelo, 1 volume, 2 tone, 5-way selector Switch, and includes 18:1 Grover tuners. // 10

Sound: This guitar sounds awsome, it is suited for a huge variety of music, I played this guitar on a Kustom amp I cant exactly remember what model because I didn't pay that much attention the amp. The guitar has no noise to it but that is also depending on what type of amplifier you are using. This guitar has a variety of sounds depending on the person playing it and the effects and equipment used. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: The guitar's setup at factory settings are the best I have played the pickups are set just right with the action and I couldn't find one flaw in this guitar, everything worked great on it. No visible flaws, no flaws with the sound. You will have to play it to believe it. // 10

Reliability & Durability: The way this guitar is made I think it would be great for a gig, and I wouldn't worry about a backup either, you wouldn't need a backup, it is a good dependable guitar with long lasting features and setups as long as you treat it right it will last a long long time. // 10

Overall Impression: I play anything that I hear that I like, from blues to Killswitch Engage this guitar has proved to me that it can handle lots of diffrent styles of music. I have been playing 4 years and over all this guitar is definitly one of my favorites that I have played, and if it was lost or stolen I would definitly buy a new one. // 10

More Washburn reviews rating category latest review
+ X20 8.2 Electric Guitars 11/06/2015