X50PRO review by Washburn

Washburn: X50PRO

Purchased from: Music City, NL

This guitar suits my styles of playing perfectly through tone and playability. I play music from CCR to Killswitch Engage and it hasn't let me down yet. I use the X50PRO through a Randall RG100SC 100 watt amp, with the Metal Zone MT-2 distortion pedal and the Ibanez delay and echo pedal. My specific model has no problem with annoying fret buzz or anything like that it isn't noisy at all, yet! This guitar due to it pull out pot to split pickups can reach just about any tone or sound from a country song to a death Metal ear splitting metal song.

I have a wide variety of styles from CCR to Led Zeppelin to Mudvayne to Killswitch Engage and this guitar has the ability to match them. I have been playing for about four years now and some other gear I own are the Metal Zone MT-2, the Ibanez delay and echo, and a DigiTech RP-80 guitar processor. I have no regrets in buying this axe and hopefully never will in the future. If it were ever lost or stolen I would hunt down the bastard and do very bad things to him/her, but if I didn't get it back I would probably shop around again because you should always be open to newer possibly better things. The things I mostly love about this guitar is the sexy look, the awesome ferocious sound it expels, and the awesome playability. One thing I hated though was that I couldn't split my EMG's but my 60 sounded perfect anyways, so all is well. I compared it to a lot of other guitars such as the LTD Viper 400 which I loved also and will have one in the future. Both guitars sounded awesome with EMG pickups but the Washburn was cheaper.

This guitar should withstand most live play, I can't see why it can't its a profesional level guitar and should stand the test of the road or even just one night on stage. The hardware is very sturdy and no problems should pop up in the near future. Everything about this guitar is solid from the feel to the strap buttons, it shouldn't be falling apart on me any time soon. I would definetly depend on this even without having another guitar to back her up. The finish on this guitar is awesome and was definetly put on well it doesn't seem thin and isn't rubbing off with excess playing.

The guitar was set up awesome at the store and when I was trying it I fell in love with the look, fell, and playability of it. The action on the guitar straight out of the shop was set to a lead style which I needed. The pickups were well adjusted and there were no routing flaws or any flaws at all in fact.

There are 24 easily accessible frets, and has a pretty fat neck which is good for Rhythm, but is small enough for a well rounded lead. The body is made from Mahogany while the fret board is made from rosewood which together makes an awesome metal axe. It has a quilted maple carved top, with a Strat style body which I think is sexy as hell. It is loaded with a Tune-O-Matic bridge, and has two pots, one for volume and another for tone and if pulled out splits pickups for a single coil tone which broadens this guitars tone horizons. This specific guitar came standard with two Washburn Headhunter pickups which were awesome pickups but in my guitar now I have an EMG 81 in the bridge for a sharp heavy tone and an EMG 60 in the neck for a blusier, more jazzier tone. The tuners on this axe are grover 18:1 tuners.