X50PRO review by Washburn

Washburn: X50PRO

Purchased from: Taree Music Centre

This gitar suits all the styles I play (blues, metal, hard rock, classic rock). I use a Marshall MG15CDR and a Boss Metal Zone pedal with it and I get a really nice distortion with it, and a nice early Metallica sound. It has a really good clean sound and the coil tap really works wonders getting that old Vintage sound.

I play a few styles of music (mostly metal). It is a good match for the styles I play. I have been playing for 1 year, I also own a Marshall MG15CDR, Boss MT-2, and a no-name acoustic. If it was stolen I'd buy another one hands down. I love the feel and weight of this guitar ir is very comfortable, the only thing I dislike is that the finish gets smudges on it too easy. But that is easy to clean. I compared it to the following guitars: Ibanez SZ250, Yamaha Pacifica, Washburn I64, Fender Strat (Mex).

This guitar withstands live playing and I've used it at a few gigs. The hardware will last a long time and I can depend on it, I'd use it at a gig without back up with no hesitation. The strap buttons are very secure and it is a very dependable guitar.

When I got this the action was near perfect, the pckups where great and the bridge was fine, all of the guitar was in perfect condition apart from a few smudges on the body from playing in-store.

the agony scene
    Eternal_One
    Actually, X50PRO FE Pickups: * EMG81 neck * EMG85 bridge BUT the X50PRO pickups: * Seymour Duncan '59 reissue neck * Seymour Duncan Custom Custom bridge Only the Fe has EMG'S, and this review is for the X50PRO not X50PRO FE. Think before you ppl post and make a fools out of yourselves.
    blue_strat
    told confusing tho, cos ther are reviews of the X50 and the X50PRO, and the pic for the PRO has EMGs probs getting the PRO (SD's) !
    zak.kobain
    the agony scene wrote: why is everyone wriitng reviews for the wrong guitar ! the x50pro fe has an emg 81 and 85 know what guitar you own people!
    No, people ARE reviewing the right guitar.... What's wrong is the picture , in the picture it's a X50PRO FE but the review it's for the X50PRO. But if you read the description they say Duncan pickups but in the picture it's EMG's. Hopefully i'll be buying one of these in the next 2 weeks.
    cHIZZX-00
    richard-g3 wrote: how does this guitar compare to the X200?
    the difference is about 150, duh x50ftw