X50PRO review by Washburn

Washburn: X50PRO

Purchased from: Rich tone UK

I play metal mostly, which is probably not the best type of music to play on this. However, this doesnt't mean it doesnt't sound great, for mid gain stuff this thing really shines. The custom custom pickup is very warm, powerful and punchy yet Still Remains quiet. With the 59' (neck pup) you can get some awesome clean tones with the coil up, or down on the bridge for a warmer clean. With distortion, especially through a tube amp, the pickups give a really thick and full tone, this is great for rock. When it comes to metal, I think I lacks a little hotness, and it doesnt't quite get there for that, but still performs well (because of it I've replaced it with an EMG 81).

I've been playing almost 7 years now, prodominatly metal nowerdays. I play this through my mesa f100 head, and Marshall 1960 cab, and I also own an Ibanez RG350. This guitar kills the Ibanez in terms of playability and general quality, but the stock pickups in the RG are better for metal than the seymour's, but I've replaced my one of my seymours anyway (bridge). If it were lost or stolen, well I'd cry, but I'd for sure get another one, especially as they are so damn cheap now! But I would most likely get the FE version with EMG's pre installed. The only things I had gripes with was the fact that it wasn't great for my metal style in terms of sound (not how it plays), but that's just me, it's awesome for pretty much everything else, but they do the FE for metal players anyway! If you want a great sounding, and even greater playing guitar for cheap, go for it.

Had no problems yet with it, had it about 18 months. It's really well built, the wood and finish is solid and hard to chip, and the harware is fixed firmly with no wobbling. I feel safe to use this for a gig. The strap buttons were very solid, I replaced them with locking buttons becuase I had some, and getting the originals out was a very difficuly job, required a few tools, I don't think it would come out by accident!

This is where I feel the guitar is best, and stands leagues above so many guitars. Even from out the box, it plays brilliantly. Because the strings are slack, the guitar is just effortless to play, and it cuts down mistakes too! I set the action slightly lower, so it's now barely above the frets, yet it still does not buzz, even in drop C and lower each note is still perfect. And of course with the buzz feiten system, the intonation isnt killed from doing so. The combination of real low action, super fast fretboard, and perfectly thin neck makes this a real pleasure to use.

This guitar was made in korea, and boasts 24 frets, 2 Seymour Duncan humbuckers (custom/custom & 59')string thru body, set neck, buzz feiten tuning system, a coil tap, grover tuners, and volume & tone control. All in all, a lot of quality features for great versitility.

Death-Speak
    I like Washburn guitars, but I hate the curly headstock on a superstrat. My X22 suffers from the same thing.
    aig91
    I love Washburns. That is one good-looking guitar. I bet it sounds great too.
    whencowsfart101
    zak.kobain wrote: the agony scene wrote: why is everyone wriitng reviews for the wrong guitar ! the x50pro fe has an emg 81 and 85 know what guitar you own people! No, people ARE reviewing the right guitar.... What's wrong is the picture , in the picture it's a X50PRO FE but the review it's for the X50PRO. But if you read the description they say Duncan pickups but in the picture it's EMG's. Hopefully i'll be buying one of these in the next 2 weeks.
    The picture is the X50 Pro because it has Duncans, but some people have reviewed the Pro-FE version here. Congrats on the new axe.
    vitchb
    Washburn x50 = washburn pickups Washburn x50pro = Seymour duncan pickups Washburn x50 pro FE = EMG pickups, this is a review for the X50PRO
    Disturbdkornkid
    I have a Washburn WG587 and I couldn't be happier with it, though I don't care for the newer models' headstocks, still looks like a beautiful guitar though.
    dnamra13
    the guitar looks really cool but i have to agree with Death-Speak the headstock looks just wrong on a superstrat unless it is a fender HM strat.
    GuitarPlayer716
    Here's an idea, let's give every guitar all 10s! I bet that no one in the world would ever disagree with it.
    Lamrick21
    i really did not like this guitar when i played it (played both the one w/emgs and without) the frets were sharp and uncomfortable and it just felt akward to play, sound was sub-par for what i heard about it.
    Pete Griffin
    Can't recommend this guitar enough, blows most other guitars in it's price range out of the water!!!