E1000 review by Westfield

• Reviewer's score: 6.8 Neat
Westfield: E1000

Purchased from: Gift From My Uncle

At the minute I am playing a lot of Red Hot Chili Peppers stuff and in my opinion can't be flawed for that kind of playing. For people who want that kind of style of sound but are on a bugget this would be the perfect guitar for them.

I play alot of Red Hot Chili Peppers and Nirvana and though it plays the Chilis very well, it doesn't handle distorsion that great. I've been playing for all most 5 years now and also own a SX acoustic and a Hohner clasical and am currently saving for a Fender Jag-Stang witch will probably suit me better. This guitar is about 30 years old and out of production so if it were lost or stolen I would have a pretty hard time replaceing it and I don't think I would even bother trying. But over all it is a fine guitar for my style of playing.

The guitar probably shouident be played live too often mostly becuse of tuning problems. The strap buttons are iffy because at one point for me the actual button came off and the guitar went crashing to the ground. But the finish is amasing, because after all the abbuse I've given it there isn't a single scratch on it, litterally.

I can't flaw the action in any way and the sunburst paint job was beautifully finished. The oniy problem I found was that the tuning pegs were either too loose or too tight making it a real pain when it comes to tuning the guitar.

It has a rosewood neck and hardwood body witch gives off a little extra weight, 2 tone controls, 1 volume, a 5-way selector and three single coil pick-ups. Its neck has 22 standered sized frets and a laminated top. It is a standered Strat type body and a string-thru body bridge. Unfortunatly, for me mostly, the tuners are non-locking and easily go out of tune with capos and hard strumming. This guitar would not be recomended for live playing, but better for recording or even being a backup guitar, though it does sound well when used with a slide.