E1000 review by Westfield

• Reviewer's score: 5.2 Decent
Westfield: E1000

Purchased from: Billericay Music (eBay Shop)

This guitar is suited only for beginners to learn on. The sound is so plain it has no character and doesn't really suit any style. I play it on a Behringer GM108 and it does sound quite good clean but doesn't play well with distortion. In my opinion the bridge pickup is shocking, I only use the neck as its the only one which sounds good. I don't use any pedals with it but I've tried many different kinds of amp models on my Behringer and it sounds ok. The pickups don't give too much noise but you might need to lower them if you like to strum as the stock setup isn't very good. It has a very plain sound and only suitable for beginner stuff.

I play rock but I am a beginner, this is a good beginners guitar because it's comfortable to hold and is very sturdy. It doesn't sound very exciting on clean so if your looking to have fun this guitar won't supply. I've been playing for a few months and play the guitar through a Behringer GM108. I wish I could have heard this guitar before buying it, It was an impulse online purchase to get me started playing guitar and I wouldn't buy it if I could go back in time. For an extra 30-40 quid you can get a decent beginners guitar not this pile of junk. If it were stolen I'd buy a new, better guitar and not feel bad about losing it at all. I love the fact that its so sturdy and I can handle it without much care. I hate the boring sound, the bridge pickup sucks. The neck is ok and middle is not bad. My favourite feature is... nothing. I compared it to nothing, I wish I did. I wish it had decent pickups at least. A lighter body would also be cool. I also wished it looked like an SG.

This guitar will withstand live playing, it's solid. It won't sound good though. The hardware seems very sturdy, I've often knocked the guitar against walls and furniture and I don't have a single scratch or dent on it. The strap buttons aren't the best so you will need to replace them. I don't play gigs but yes its a very sturdy guitar, I wouldn't use it at a gig unless I was paying them to play so I could hurt their ears. This isn't the kind of guitar you join a band with. It's purely a beginner guitar. The finish seems quite sturdy but my guitar was black so dust shows up really easily on it. The fingerprints are very annoying too.

The action was quite high and I had to set it up myself. The pickups were also quite high and I had to change the height myself. Fortunately Westfield provide allen keys/wrenches to do these alterations. The guitar had no flaws but there is a plastic cover on the pickups and pickguard which doesn't come off very well.

I don't know where this guitar was made or what year. Westfield don't have a website so there is no way to find out about it. It has 21 frets and a comfortable Neck. I think it's rosewood but it may vary from guitar to guitar. Its some kind of hardwood as mentioned in the review above, which makes the guitar quite heavy but its a comfortable style (Strat) so you should be fine. I don't know how to describe the finish but it is the kind that leaves fingerprints alot. It's a Strat style but it's quite heavy. It has a Strat style bridge and the saddles are standard ones. The pickups are passive. There is a 5-way selector and a volume as well as 2 tones. The pickup configuration is 3 single coils. The tuners are non locking and unbranded (Westfield's own). No accessories came with mine besides an allen key and an allen wrench to set your guitar up. The guitar comes with Gauge 9 strings.

Conormck
    I have this guitar and i would only recommend playing it if your making the transition to learning power chords and barre chords, the sound on it is very dull and plain and you should not use it for performing at a gig
    sjboy
    I have one of these and it sounds okay through the Laney MXD30 with chorus added. Action is okay and its a good starter guitar
    bigal224
    i have one it plays really nicely, much better than the stagg tele and even some more expensive guitars ive tried. no the best sound, not the best tuning, perfect intonation, dented quite easily, great action. sounds alright through a marshall though
    strat0master
    Ive got a black one of these and the dust on it and fingerprints are really annoying, and if you experiment with pedals you can get a better sound. Also, if you wanted a SG copy beginners guitar, you could have got a westfield E2000. I havent played one, and I doubt it would be much different, so i would suggest saving up to get something decent!