E1000 review by Westfield

• Reviewer's score: 7 Good
Westfield: E1000

Purchased from: Music 47

I'm using it with a Marshall MG10CD (also part of the package) and on overdrive with full gain you get A LOT of unwanted feedback (not always the good kind). It doesn't have a winde range of sounds at all, it's pretty limited, just acoustic and overdrive although it does sound quite nice. Don't buy this if you want to make a lot of different noises, although as I play mostly rock it does the job.

It's a good match for my style (rock) but I don't think it could be used for funk or blues or sommat like that. It is a good beginner guitar, however if it were stolen or lost I would buy a better guitar definately (preferably one with a 22nd fret, having only 21s annoying because you have to improvise the equivalent sound but it doesn't work that well). I do love the sound of a solo played on it through my amp, it really is the best sound this guitar will make. If this is a first electric, it's a good one 2start. If it isn't a first, then don't buy it, it will only be worse than your old guitar. Still, it's brilliant quality though.

Another strong point. You could gig this guitar without backup and it would not let you down at all (although I wouldn't actually gig it because I would choose a guitar with better sound). Strap locks are tough and the rest of the guitar could probably withstand a fair few drops and smashes.

This is the strongest point of the guitar. Everything is put together nice and solid, no rusted/faulty/loose parts on the guitar at all. The bridge and pickups and tuning pegs are just fine. For what is essentially just a Stratocaster copy, it is extremely well built.

I was given this guitar last year (2006) as an xmas present from my parents. It's a nice guitar, with metallic red Strat-style body and black scratch plate, maple 21 fret neck, chrome tuners, etc. It's got a lot of controls (volume dial, 2 X tone dials, 5 way selector) and it's fairly easy to get a decent sound out of it. It's got a good whammy bar on it to. I haven't a clue what the make of the pickups is, it doesn't say anyway. It came as a package, with bag, electronic tuner, spare steel strings, pick and pick case, strap, and tools. I have since bought a proper (and bigger) gig bag so I can get the guitar and my equipment in easier. It's a nice guitar for me (been playing 2 years) but I don't see much point in buying one if you're above the level that I'm at.

richard-g3
    i have this at the moment, decent beginers guitar but if i had money id definately go for a much better one
    Black-Metal
    i have one of these. its not great. i'm sure there are worse guitars. for 80 (100 if your a lefty like me) its a good guitar to learn on. i'm saving for an epi les paul
    eggy1991
    i haveone of these as my first guitar, i won't ever part with it, it has alot of value to me (sentimental), i think the sound is ok, its a bit bland, but for a beginner's guitar you can't really go wrong if you don't want to spend tons.
    soupdragon
    Ok, I actually used mine at a school concert earlier this month and there was so much feedback. Still tho, sounded alright, but i maintain you should get a better one to gig with.