E1000 review by Westfield

• Reviewer's score: 6.8 Neat
Westfield: E1000

The soundis not fantastic but with the right effects/amplifier it can sound pretty good. I found when sitting infront of my computer the guitar tended to pick up crazy amounts of background fuzz which got really annoying so I was forever turning the volume knob in breaks of songs. This guitar is good for a clean sound but once you kick some distortion into it, it will fuzzz like crazy. You can get a near perfect sound as lynard skynard's sweet home alabama with it through a Marshall MG100DFX. it is very good for electro/acoustic songs, not so much metal. Overall I think the sound is pretty basic. Not a lot of variety can be put into it. But I spose you don't get what you don't pay for.

This guitar is an excellent beginners guitar but once you get past the stage of chord bashing it tends to be a little dry and out of character. You can't really play anything with distortion on it and if you do it wont sound fantastic. The one thing I do love about this guitar is it's action. I simply can't compare it to anything else. I even prefer the action on this guitar to my new Jackson KVX10! A brilliant learner guitar.

This guitar is fairly reliable although it failed on me during a gig at school. I'd changed the knobs to dice ones thinking everything would be fine but the connections on the volume control started to wear out when I used the dice. I ended up bashing the guitar over my knee just to get it working. Don't change the volume knobs! I kept the dice on the tone knobs as I don't really use the tone controls that much and changed the volume control back to normal. The guitar worked perfectly after this and I have had no problems with it since. If you make modifications to this guitar just make sure that it can take it before you splash out.

The action on this guitar is brilliant. I found it much easier to play solos (once I learnt how to play them) on this guitar than my mates Epiphone SG. It is a very heavy guitar but well made, I've knocked mine round at gigs loads of times and it still keeps it's Shine. Ok fingerprints and dust can get annoying as the guitar seems to attract them but you just have to Live with it. I changed the control knobs for some novelty dice looking ones about a year after I got the guitar for a new look but this new look came at a price.

This guitar was my first and to be honest it is a very good beginners guitar. It came as a package with a bag, 14W amplifier, tuner, strap, lead and a plectrum. The guitar has 3 coil pickups with a rosewood fretboard and die cast tuners. It has 3 control knobs, one volume and two tone, and a 5-way selector switch. If you want to start learning the electric guitar I would recomend one of these!

J@MI3
    I own an up to date version of this guitar which has new Super 500 pickups and creates a clear sound on overdrive and clean. It also makes a beautiful Woman Tone when playing Eric Clapton music. It is a reliable practice/backup guitar but i wouldnt try any seroius gigging with it.