E1000 review by Westfield

• Reviewer's score: 5.6 Decent
Westfield: E1000

Purchased from: Merchant City Music

I play mostly rock like AC/DC, Led Zep, Black Sabbath and some Metallica, and this guitar isn't very good. It can produce a nice clean sound, but when you turn up the gain, it starts to sound quite bad. It is good for beginners, but after that stage, it isn't very nice to listen to.

I really like to play rock and this is not a good guitar for it. It is good for clean stuff though, such as the intro for One or Sweet Home Alabama. I have been playing for about two years now (and I'm still not very good) and I own a Zoom A2 pedal which I use for enhancing the nice clean sound you get from this. If it were stolen or lost I would definitly buy a different guitar maybe an Epiphone- I'm thinking of a G400 or Les Paul Standard. I would probably say my favourite things about this are the action and durability. I wish it had a better sound for distortion. Overall, I'd say it's a good beginners guitar.

This guitar would withstand live playing, but I wouldn't want to play it because it sounds quite bad. I have had no problems with the hardware so far. The only concern I have with this guitar is that the strap buttons are beginning to wobble around a bit so I will sit down when I play now until I get it fixed, not that I would mind if I dropped it, but still... The finish seems to be pretty good, I have had it for nearly two years now and it is still fine, apart from a large scratch that I got on it once as I was standing up with it and it hit a table and scraped on the corner.

The action on this thing is actually really good. When I first played it in the shop I was amazed! I had no idea what electric guitars were like then, I was a beginner, but now I would say this guitar is pretty well set up, everything is in place and works. The only problem I have had with it so far is the jack input falling apart one time, but that easily fixed with my dad's tools.

This guitar is a classic Strat shape (the reason I bought it) with a maple 21 fret neck with Dot inlays and a black scratchplate. Mine has a sunburst finish which looks quite good. It has 3 knobs, one volume and two tone. There is a five-way pickup selector and 3 unbranded single coil pickups, chrome hardware and non-locking tuners. Mine came with a deal at the shop which came with a discount from a Roland Cube 15X, and a free strap, lead, a few picks and a case. This all came to a grand total of 115.

J@MI3
    i have this as a beginners guitar and for the price it is pretty decent.
    wildchild6660
    I bought this guitar last week. I agree about the sound but I'm just greatful to have a guitar at all.