E1000 review by Westfield

Westfield: E1000

Purchased from: Electric X : Canterbury, England

I use this with a Pevey Blazer 158 amp and it works really well with it, although there's not a massive variation in the sounds you can make it does the job nicely.I play a lot of rocky stuff such as Paramore and Green Day, so it's on full gain a bit, and it suits the style quite well; although sometimes it sounds a little too harsh on the bridge pickup. Other than that, it's a nice sound and I can't fault it on that. It's an instrument, it makes music.

This guitar is really good for beginners, No Doubt about that, but it can still work for people Who are more experienced. It is still the same guitar whether you're sitting at home learning the chords or smashing them out at crowded gigs. If it were stolen it'd be hard to replace. I've looked all over the internet and can't find another guitar like this ANYWHERE. Part of me is frustrated by that, but another is pleased cos it's the only one I've ever seen. I don't compare it to other stuff, maybe I should, but I don't. There's guitars, and then there's my guitar; I don't naturally think about what it has or hasn't got, it's my guitar and I'm proud to be its owner. Good Stuff! Review By: Jacob A. (since they won't let me have credit cos I'm not a member)

This guitar plays Live really well. I was gigging in a big hall with my band, I bashed it against the cymbal and nothing, no damage. The strap button has failed on me once in the time I've had it, but just needs a screwdriver and problem solved. It looks like it's going to last for a long time. The finish still looks new and I've had it ages (and somebody else had it ages before me probably). I have used this without backup and no trouble.

The action on this is amazing. I've played on LP's, SG's and more and I still find it hard to find anything that rivals the action on this. Its finish is great. I got it second hand so it has a scratch or two but I've bumped it about and no damage whatsoever. I can find only two minor flaws in it: the things that hold the strap in place (it came out when i was playing it once; but all you gotta do is put a screwdriver to it and it's fine) and the cable grip (have to tighten that occasionally or the cable doesn't carry the sound). In my opinion it's got nothing wrong with it, the problems it has probs have come with age.

I have no idea when this guitar was made or where, but It is defo a Wesfield Strat type so this is what it must be. It's got 21 Standard-size frets and the fretboard itself is Rosewood. I don't know what the body is made from but it's hard and quite heavy. It's got EMG pickups (which is odd cos all the other Westfield's i've seen don't have them but have pretty crummy ones instead). Another difference to other Wesfields i've seen is that the headstock is a different shape, but I prefer this shape so that's okay. It has a Sunburst finish but it's kinda torn between Tabacco and Cherry, trying to be both at once methinks (mostly Tabacco). It's got your basic bridge but it looks like it's had a tremolo bar in the past (I got it second hand!) cos the bridge can be pushed down to bend the noise (like you would with a bar). The tuning system is okay but they tend to go out a bit sometimes, so I always tune it before and after every time I play it. I got it with a gig bag and a Pevey B158 amp, a cable (now broken), and a strap; for a grand total of 150

Comokanu
    Probably basswood with rosewood fretboard. Decent Strat styles are made from maple and no other wood. Fretboard is part of the neck in these models.