E2000 review by Westfield

Westfield: E2000

Purchased from: Rikki

It can play heavy and clean and sound good playing both. It is much better compared to my sisters Fender Squier and is comparable to my friends' guitars (one is a Fender the other is a Paul Reed Smith) when we're all using the same amp and playing clean or heavy. Right now I'm into everything apart from metal and feel confident that my guitar could play it and sound great.

It's a great guitar, it's a sexy piece of machinery and it sounds spectacular! I had to buy this on a budget (also needing to buy a PA system) so my original options were Yamahas and Epiphones until the Westfield caught my eye in the shop. I played it and thought it sounded great. After that I went online and sought out the best deal with a Westfield E2000 and ended up at Rikki's. The only regret I have is that I have to swap around cases when I'm gigging because the original case doesn't provide a lot of protection.

The guitar will withstand playing live and soon (if I can find the right people) will withstand live playing. I'd recommend getting strap clips as I've already damaged a strap practicing on my sisters Squier. I'd not have a backup for this guitar because I have yet to find a guitar that feels and sounds as good as this one. I've played Yamahas, Epiphones, Fenders and Paul Reed Smiths (and an unnamed Les Paul) and unless I'm playing topless (doubt it) then I won't have to worry about the comfort of the strap against bare skin.

It only needed tuned. The guitar was a replacement after the first one which had two loose tone controls. Likewise with the first one, no problems (apart from the controls). They might have some quality control problems or it could've been damaged in transit.

This is a solid mahogany body electric guitar. Double cutaway with a fixed neck, two humbucking pickups with three way selector Switch. 23 frets. I got the black one with a gig bag, strap, cable, tuner, practice amp, beginners book, spare strings, spare plectrums for 150 from Rikki's Music Shop. The neck is fatter than a Strat but isn't a problem for me, the neck is also heavier but again, your mileage could vary. Overall a great deal.