E2000 review by Westfield

Westfield: E2000

Purchased from: Simply guitars

I play all sorts. From blues to hard rock. It doesn't so much suit the blues, but the pickups are fantastic for hard rock. Set on a clean channel, the neck pickup gives out a rich, bright tone, and the bridge pickup gives a more twanky, almost crunch tone. Used with the right amp, you can get some fantastic sounds out of it. Set on the overdrive channel, things start to get a bit messy. You can get some great power chords and the higher frets give out a fantastic sound, but strum the strings together on the lower frets, and you get quite a buzzy, sort of grainy tone. but that might just be my amp. However, it's great for AC/DC style riffs. Overall, quite a crunchy raw sound. The pickup quailtys surprising for the price I paid for the guitar. Their actually really good.

Again I play a range of styles of music. The only style I don't think it would fit would be metal and blues. Purley because the pickups aren't right. Other than that, this guitars pretty versatile. If it was lost/stolen, I'd probably look into getting another one. But for the money you pay it's a great guitar. Definate starter guitar. The thing that's great about it, is that it's so versatile. it's just brillaint. So in conclusion, it's really fantastic first guitar. Very versatile and good quailty pickups. For the price paid, fantastic value for money. it's also got the Gibson inlays, which in a way, complete it.

I'm not sure if I'd gig this guitar. I'd probably use it as a backup, but with another one to back it up too, just in case. I reckon it would withstand it though. Hardware seems rocksolid, apart fromt the controls. Strap buttons are pretty solid from what I can tell. The finish on the guitar is great. I got it in all black, and it looks really fantastic. A definate laster.

The gutiar was set up pretty much perfect out of the factory. The bridge pickup needed a dust, and the tuners needed a bit of TLC, but other than that, the guitar was set up fine. Pickup adjust was great, as far as I can tell. Haven't really had any trouble with them. The only flaws I'll point out is that over a period of about 2 weeks, the tone and volume controls started to become very loose, not to the point of them falling off, but to the point where, you turn them to 10, but magically they can go past 10 until they finally stop. Doesn't effect the guitar though. Just a bit of a pain in the arse.

I've no idea where it was made. Probably japan though. The guitar features a double cutaway SG style neck, which offers really easy access to the higher frets for those "out there" moments. It features a fantastically clean, sharp rosewood neck, and a double cutaway body, in the form of a Gibson SG. 2 good quailty humbucking pickups, with a 3 way selector switch (neck, neck and brigde, bridge). Tuners are die-cast metal, but their non locking, all the same, their pretty good. Quite light and delicate. I bought the guitar, with a Marshall MS2 mini amp, a cheap strap, and a load of plectrums. But overall, I'm happy.

RIPSTKwizard
    i have this guitar in cherry looks sexy and sounds great i paid 99 for it and i would buy another westfeild e2000 tommorow i love it
    flabberflob
    Excellent guitar- first electric I've ever owned, turned out to be a great choice. Although; as mentioned in the first review; the tone knobs on the front are prety poorly assembled- luckily this can be fixed if you pull them off and tighten the nuts underneath (and push the knob back on). Overdrive channel produces an excellent sound- clean channel is nice but not great. Paid 120 for it (new), great value for money and I'd reccomend it to anyone as a beginner's/practice (or better) guitar.
    Pourquoi?
    First electric I ever owned and it's pretty darn good for a beginner. My big fingers make playing on the thin neck a bit hard but it's got a good sound and is really good value for money.
    punk4punk
    i thinnk this could be my next investmant. would it stand up to bashing it against things. and does it come in white?
    stratman8
    my school has a load of these and i was suprised how good these things were. I might get the gold top E4500
    Pearson0110
    Does anyone know what its like to play stood up? is it comfortable and is the neck heavyier than the body? when you stood up with it does the neck drop lower than the body or stay balanced?
    BaleOut
    lovely guitar for beginers, ive been playing for around a year now and i am truely pleased with this guitar in compariosns with say a squire telecaster, which 2 of my friends own. have also played a epiphone SG and prefered the westfield good guitar