E2000 review by Westfield

Westfield: E2000

Purchased from: Cousin

Sadly its a terrible guitar for playing happy jazzy music on, but makes a brilliant rhythm or heavy metal guitar. It has a deep and high ratio unlike most other guitars, and this gives it value. You can't really use a high pitched amp setting with it, it sounds to high on the bottom three strings, and is so high pitched it will blow your eardrums....In a bad way.It however can make some very weird sounds for certain songs, so if your looking to buy a guitar for just this purpose, look for one of these.

It's an okay match to the music I like to play, I'd rather have a Strat though. This was my first eletric guitar and it hasn't let me down yet. I wouldn't buy it again though.I just love the unique sound, but the strings are impossible to buy. I probably would rather have a gib SG than this immotation, but so would anyone. I just wish it had a tremolo bar.

This guitar probably would withstand Live play, but I wouldn't get my hopes up. The strap button SUCK! They fall apart all the time, on a nut and washer design, crap, absolute crap. I would have a back-up at a gig... Better safe than screwed. The finish is so definetly on there I could get it off If I tried.

It is exactly like playing a Gib, just with a deeper sound and tighter strings that are easier to snap. The humbug pick-ups are great, better than ones you'll find anywhere else. There was one loose tunign peg and that let down this guitar for me. Everything about the make of the guitar was almost perfect, except for some loose control buttons and one badly fitted tuning peg.

Made in 1996 in a guitar workshop in England somewhere, the thin necked 23 fret guitar with solid top seems to offer a good value product. Like the Gibson SG which mirrors this remake guitars properties, it has a very distinct sound. So is it better than other guitars. Well, it's good for playing rhythm heavy songs like, pretty fly for a white guy, but as no trembolo slot is built in, you cannot play any songs that have a high sounding note. Plus, playing a tapping song is made more difficult by the high gauge of the custom stirng which are nearly impossible to buy now, cheaply anyway. If you loose a string, you basically have to restring the whole guitar.The humbug pickups make it good for heavy metal anyway. Any tuner seems to work with it, but personally I've been using one made by Ibanez.

NegiTom
    I have one of these lying around as my "crap, muck-around" guitar, and to this day it has the most incredible action I've ever had on any guitar, no matter how hard I try, or how much money I pay, no guitar can replicate the incredible set-up of my dirt-cheap Westfield. It makes me sad that the cheapest guitar I own is the best set-up.
    JayArr
    How easy would it be to fit a tremolo arm to this sort of guitar?
    rv_phoenix
    Not very easy. Mahogany is difficult to carve and, since the SGs weren't conceived for a tremolo to fit in, you need a real good luthier to perform the job. Probably the modification will cost you just about as much as the guitar itself, especially if you live in the UK.
    SephAnarchist
    I have it in wine red and I think its ace for AC/DC, Aerosmith, Iron Maiden and Slayer songs but you can play just about anything and it will sound pretty good.