E2000 review by Westfield

• Reviewer's score: 5.6 Decent
Westfield: E2000

I play classic rock type stuff (Zeppelin, Beatles, AC/DC, The Who) and I'm not quite sure if this guitar fits. Its more of a metal guitar due to the "bite" it has. It has quite a wide variety for a cheap guitar with cheap pick ups. Due to the Humbuckers I haven't found it messy/noisy at all. However I'm just generally not a fan of the sound. Maybe its just this SG, maybe its them all. I just think it has too much "bite" for my music style. I like the option of tone and volume for each pick up though!

I don't think this is a good guitar for my music. I have a Strat, Tele, Les Paul, acoustic and a bass. I'd say this is the least suited to my music out of my collection because of the heavy sound. I brought this really to have an SG, I didn't really plan on gigging on it. I mainly use it for learning new songs and travelling around a bit (before the tuner snapped off!) If it were lost I doubt it would replace it unless I really miss having a SG, I would most likely just buy another Tele or acoustic. I love the volume and tone on each pick up like a Les Paul but hate the durability. If it were more durable, I'd buy it again if it got stolen. But because of all the faults, I doubt I would buy another Westfield guitar.

YouTube preview picture

Because of the pick up selector and volume knob I wouldn't gig this (even if it was the guitar for me) Not to mention the tuner snapped off (the winding peg) so I am stuck with a out of tune G until I order some new tuners. Just because of this I would not play this guitar live. Even with a back up! Because I'll end up using the back up! Strap buttons are good, only thing I don't like is the "heavy neck" but that's on any SG I suppose! I'm not sure if its my SG that has all these problems or them all, but mine has some bad problems.

I got this guitar cheap because it has quite a large chip near the pick guard. Apart from that, and a scratch on the headstock (my fault) there is nothing to complain about the finish. I love the dark cherry red with the black pick guard and rosewood fingerboard. Only 3 more negatives, the black knob bit on the pick up selector wont fit on and just spins around. The screw holding the pick up selector in place is very loose and the volume for the Neck pickup is very loose, coming undone most of the time. Same with the input jack and no matter how much I try to tighten them they just come loose the next day.

Have no clue what year it was made or when (sorry!) But there are 22 frets. Rosewood fingerboard. I'm not going to guess what the wood is in case I am wrong but its quite a cheap wood. I have this in cherry red and the wood grains show through the dark red tint which looks quite cool! Its double cut away and neck being a 22 fret join really make it easy to play every note. Tune-o-matic bridge. It has a pick up switch, treble, rhythm and both. Volume and tone for each pick up. Pick ups are Westfields own (I think, I haven't changed them) Tuners are Westfield's own and stay in tune