E4000 review by Westfield

Westfield: E4000

Purchased from: eBay

It suits my style very well, my style of music being metal, blues and a bit of punk rock. It has a good metal sound on the treble pickup for screaming. It has a nice bluesy full sound when using both the pickups. I'm using it through a Zoom GFX-707 multi effects pedal and a Fender Frontman amp. Through the pedal, it's not noisy at all, but with distortion on full and treble on full going straight to the amp, no effects, it's even better for metal and it really screams.

Well, as noted earlier, it really suits my musical tastes, I might get a new rythm pickup before I blow it up. I've been playing for about a year and a half now. My mum brought it for me because she thought it looked like a real "black man's guitar." If this were stolen, I'd hunt the person Who stole it down and kill him with my bare hands. Then I'd buy the exact same guitar again, or maybe the E4500. What I really love about it is the finish and the neck. I wish it had a better rhythm pickup, but for a guitarist on a low budget Who wants a Les Paul, buy this!

I'm one hundred percent certain that this guitar will withstand live playing, but it doesn't have the wow factor that I want, so I'm not using it until I get it a paint job. I've used it at band loads before and it's survived. The hardware seems like it's gonna last a few years, the tuning keys look very solid.

It came very well set up with very low action, which would buzz at some frets so I had to raise it very slightly. The bridge was fine, as I mentioned earlier. The guitar had practically no flaws apart from a grimey nut, which, after time, was polished away. The wood's great, I'm not sure what the body's made out of. The neck's ebony.The control's fine, but what I was really pleased with was the finish. I've only got three chips, one large one near the jack socket which I got from banging the guitar really hard against the wall. Another happened when it fell on a hammer, which is barely noticeable and another chip's just a small ding in the headstock. The finish survived my mum when she got mad and beat it up, it didn't even get scratched. I give this a ten.

This was a Christmas present brought last year, I wasn't too pleased about the support because I don't know when it was made or where it was made. It's your average Les Paul knock-off. Ebony neck with 22 frets. Fretboard was rosewood by the looks of things. The one I got was black with cream bindings and a cream pickguard. I've taken the pickguard off now though. It has a Tune-O-Matic bridge and I've never had any troubles with it. It has two PAF pickups, one for lead and one for rhythm. Then there's the gold tone knobs and the 3-way pickup selector. I also got a gig bag which isn't too good but it does the job.