E4000 review by Westfield

• Reviewer's score: 2 Junky
Westfield: E4000

Purchased from: Sound Control

I love playing anything heavy, these pickups are terrible for how I want it to sound, the palm mutes sound so blunt even with a DigiTech Death Metal pedal, Boss Metal Zone, just crap! Though if this was your first guitar I suppose it would be ok. And it buzzes now and then.

Do not buy this unless you are new to playing guitar or desperate for a low ass budget guitar which is why I bought it but I have a job now and can upgrade to a much better guitar. If it were stolen I couldnt really careless, if I were the person who stole it, I'd just recycle it.

I have not gigged with this guitar and probably never will. I've had it for 2 years and it hasloads of finger prints and a small dent which I don't know how that happened. I ahve had loads of problems with this, machine heads are really loose, input jack unscrews itself and if sometimes if the lead is pushed in to far it doesnt't work.

It feels ok to palm mute but the pickups are crap so the sound is terrible. When I first bought this had a nice finish to it though the back of the neck the paint job was terrible. The bridge is ok seems to fitted ok, dodgey machine heads, and comes out of tune so easily, need tunning everyday.

Bought just the guitar not sure where it's made. 22 fret and the neck is TERRIBLE! It does look nice the whine red with a creamy white scratchboard looks is the main plus side of it. Though there are many finger prints on it. Tune o matic bridge I think i'm quite sure it is. 2 humbucker pickups, one on the neck and the bridge both of which are weak!