E4500 review by Westfield

• Reviewer's score: 4 Poor
Westfield: E4500

Purchased from: Guitar Workshop

I play a lot of punk/rock so it suits the classic power chord and small solo method but to play anything quick is almost impossible. Over time I found the after the 12th fret the neck is completely lacking of all tone. I have to say although this is true it does have a very bassy low tone which accompanys other guitars well but doesnt have any status to get you noticed.

Overall I'd say the guitar isnt brilliant and if you're thinking about getting once don't! Spend that little bit extra and go for an Epiphone. I now own a Fender '1960s Fat Strat which is the most awesome guitar I've ever played.

Although its not overall a very impressive guitar it has lasted n the hardware hasn't really had any problems atall, the connection bay for the lead has fell out twice but I quickly replaced it and is now fine. Also I dropped it once at a live gig as the strap just snapped but it withstood the impact fine.

The factory set up on the guitar wasnt really as bad as some even cheaper Les Paul copies but still I had to lower the action but that just gave me a real hissing problem from the pickups. The strap nut has come off almost evrytime I've tried to play standing up with it. The guitar loves to enjoy ripping my fingers to shreds I must say.

This guitar was my first guitar, its a standard Les Paul Copy with a fixed neck and all standard Les Paul tone and volume controls. It could possibly be the heaviest thing I've ever playe. It came with a free bag and small 10w Cruiser amp which again isnt up to scratch.

tim_mop
    this guitar is my second and best guitar. i dont see what all the bad stuff is about. ok true i've replaced the pickups, but this this isnt half as bad as you made it out to be. and gibsons are lots heavier.
    petebrown
    this was my 1st guitar and i sold it when i bought a new 1 but im buying it back when i get the money because it was a really sweet guitar so reliable n suited my playing style greatly