E4500 review by Westfield

Westfield: E4500

Purchased from: Denmark Street, London

This is one of the best sounding les pauls that I have ever played. It is the cheapest les paul that I have played that can scream. Normally you have to buy at least an Epiphone Les Paul Custom to get that kind of tone. I have played it through a $600 Fender amp and also my own 100 pound Fender fm15. When I bought this guitar I also saw an Epiphone SG custom and I bought this over it (better value and sound for money). I don't know why everyone complains about the sound when people give higher scores on the cheaper and worse Westfield E4000.

I play many styles of music and this guitar can play them all. I've been playing for 2 years and I own a benson SG (really bad) and an acoustic guitar. This is by far my favourite and I favour this over my friends Epiphone SG custom and another friends Vintage V100 because of the superior tone and ease of playing. My friend admits that my guitar is much better than his V100 although the V100 gets a higher score in reviews!

I havn't played Live so I wouldn't know about that but it is a very well made and reliable guitar. It has never let me down. If I was playing Live I would struggle with the weight. But, Gibsons are heavier than this and most pros use Gibsons. Slash, the Edge, Zakk Wylde...

Mine is professionally set-up and has a very low action, a great finish and I am happy with everything. The only thing is that it is very heavy and if you stand up while playing it, you will get a very sore back (as I have discovered). But, heavier guitars normally mean better quality and it is not as heavy as most gibsons.

Made in 2008. 22 fret rosewood fretboard with maple neck. Mahogany body. Les paul style. 2 volume and 2 tone controls and 3-way selector. I got in wine red and the finish looks amazing. Tune-o-matic bridge which is a Standard bridge that lasts. I got it straight off the shelf and I got it with a padded gig bag (which you'll need for trips outside of a house or studio).

robl95
    i'm getting it for christ mas. i tried it out and its a great guitar.
    Mr Jeb
    i love this guitar, ive had mine for 3 years now and i cant get enough of it
    SamXmas94
    I'm getting one for xmas, In wine red. I bet it isn't as bad as these guys are putting it..
    SamXmas94
    I take that back, I got one for Xmas, and these guitars suck ass. They crackle whatever amp you play it through.. I would suggest a westfield E2000 an SG style Guitar.
    SamXmas94
    Actually I've noticed it only crackles when you use your pick above the pickups