E4500 review by Westfield

Westfield: E4500

Purchased from: Curly music

It has a great sound, not as beefy as a Gibson, but still sounds amazing. I use a Marshall MG10CD, which it sounds perfect through. It has a great variety of sounds, good for blues, perfect for rock and as far as I can tell, good for metal too. I play mostly rock and it is easy to find settings on an amp to suit your style with this guitar. The pickups are not amazing but they still make the guitar sound amazing.

It is a perfect match for any budding rock guitarists and despite the little known brand name, it is just as good as any expensive guitar. Epiphones are nowhere near as good, the finish is terrible and they're unreliable, people buy them because of the name. I chose this over an Epiphone because it was a better guitar which had more value for money. I love everything about this guitar, except the fact that people don't know the brand. I wish the brand had more recognition as their guitars are perfect in almost every way. If it were stolen, I would kill the theiving idiot and rightly claim my guitar, but I would still buy another one, just for the sake of having two. My favourite thing about the guitar is it's perfect finish. I hate the way this guitar has been wrongly made out to be a terrible guitar when it's not. For gods sake. people have rated the E4000 higher, which is the worse version of this guitar higher! (The E4000 is the equivalent of a Les Paul Standard to the E4500 which is the custom version.)

This guitar would definitely be fine as a backup guitar if not a main guitar. The hardware has stayed as shiny and well made as it did when I took it out of the box. The guitar is definitely able to withstand Live playing, but it might get a little heavy after a while (still a lot lighter than a gibson/epiphone). The strap buttons are really tight and can easily withstand the guitars weight.

The action was set up fine, maybe a little too low on the low e string but that is easily fixed. Everything else was perfect, nothing was loose and despite what everyone else says, the tuners were pretty firm. The hardware looks great in it's gold colour and the finish is perfect. Everyone I know Who has seen the guitar has called it beautiful and the like.

12 frets, laminated top. I don't know what wood it is made from but apparently mahogony? Rosewood fretboard and a flamed top finish in a glossy jet black. Les paul style body, 2 volume control, 2 tone controls and a 3 way pickup selector. 2 humbucker pickups which as far as I know are westfields own. Tune-o-matic bridge. All hardware in gold. No free accesories of booklet.

bigdude007
    I bought this guitar as my first electric. It's heavy, but sounds good. I like the action, it doesn't crackle and for the price I'm glad I bought it.
    superfish123
    i bought this guitar around for years ago, and honestly i agree with both the good and bad reviews it's made of mahogany which is all good rose wood fret board but the pickups are pretty bad and the tuning pegs and bridge can't keep the thing in tune however this guitar has the potential to be amazing if your willing to spend about the same price again new pickups ,bridge and tuning pegs and your sorted
    ProgFolk12
    bought a westfield start and it sucked majorly. steer clear of anything westfield seriously
    ProgFolk12
    westfield really suck they make the heaviest guitars i've ever played. i have a westfield strat and i think it must be made of granite or something
    Tentaphane
    seriously? what did you do to the thing!? I've owned one of these for a couple of years and it's brilliant. Still working perfectly in one piece.
    likklekid
    I really dont know what people are on about, this is an amazing guitar. Some people here are saying that it all breaks and the pick-ups melted, i only have one thing to say to him, YOU DONT PLAY A GUITAR WITH A BLOWTORCH! seriously, this guitar has a wonderfull clean sound, and is stunning when used with lots of overdrive.
    andr3vv
    i got this guitar bout 2 years ago .it has a decent enough tone and i do still pick it up and play it sometimes but thats purley because i wouldnt buy a guitar and not play it.THIS GUITAR IS FOR RYTHM IT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO PLAY ANYTHING QUICK the neck is like a bloody tree trunk.never gig without a backup especially if you gonna use this its so unrealiable and it is a terribly built guitar!the neck has snapped twice!the nobes have broken for no reason and the fret board has cracked and went out of line the finish is nice but any little dint shows up like i dont no what . i had it set up lowered the action and its still terrible.