E4500 review by Westfield

• Reviewer's score: 6.2 Neat
Westfield: E4500

Purchased from: Some shop in London

I play a bit of anything and most the time this guitar is too flat and bassy, but the simple solution of turning down the Bass EQ on the amp always helps. I can always find the right tone I want but it may take a while of messing wit the EQ which is annoying.

Overall I think this guitar works well for practising at home but not something I would use in the studio or live as the tone is too flat and bassy and it is a heavy guitar. It is well built and I have had no serious problems playing with it.

So far I have had no problems with this guitar. The straps buttons work perfectly for me the strap has yet to come off while playing. I would bring a backup if I was playing live as it is heavy and could cause damage to your back (as I have playing at home)

The guitar was well set up when I bought it. The neck seem's sturdy enough, after a few months. The finish on the body as suffered no damage even after being dropped a couple of times. The jack input on the bottom of the guitar does come loose after taking out the lead a few times but can easily be fixed.

Don't know where it was made or any of the wood's the shop was very vague on details about it. 4 knobs (2 Tone and 2 Volume). The shop gave it to me with a free gift bag.

dynastywest69
    Wow... I think the people who are complaining that this thing is to heavy need to get on the weights or something... I had a go on one and i thought it was a good weight... I think i might replace the pickups etc but I am buying one of these from my local shop.
    andr3vv
    honestly dynastywest69 it is an awful guitar for the price range...my advice spent the extra couple of hundred pounds that you would spend on the pickups and get a michael kelly patriot custom...now that is an unbelievable guitar for the money...it can keep up with some lower end gibsons and out do epiphone copies any day..trust me on this ..DO NOT GET A WESTFIELD ELECTRIC GUITAR,THEY ONLY MAKE ACOUSTICS!!! AND PLEASE PLEASE DO NOT BUY FROM A GUITAR SHOP THEY WILL OVER CHARGE YOU TO THE BALLS!! BUY ONLINE!!
    Carl17
    Im hoping to get this guitar. Saw the wine red with gold hardware and its sexy. I have owned 6 electric guitars in total and my Westfield SG is my favourite. I swapped the pups for DiMarzios. I prefer it over my Epiphone Black Beauty.