E4500 review by Westfield

Westfield: E4500

I play a large mix of music, from heavy metal to blues type stuff and it copes very well with it all, I play on 15 watt practice amp and it still manges to give off an amazing sound.

For the price it is an amazing guitar, very versatile and gives of a good sound. Even through a cheap amp it gives off a really good sound. If I lost it or it was stolen I wouldn't buy another one I'd upgrade to something like an Epiphone lp100 or Les Paul studio. It stays in tune very well and I've never had it go out of tune in the year that I've owned it, great guitar with a few minor issues but they aren't big enough to effect playing.

I played this guitar live a few times and it's up to the job as long as you can stand the weight which is hard to do. The hardware would easily last a live gig, I only once had a problem with the strap where it came off but that was because it was an old strap, the guitar hit the floor and no damage was done so it's a very reliable guitar. I wouldn't use this guitar live without a back-up mainly because of the weight issue.

The action on this guitar is very high which makes it tricky to play faster stuff and play bends, it can be frustrating so I suggest you either lower the action yourself or ask the people at the shop to do it. Everything else on the guitar is fine except the input jack comes loose very easily, usually have to screw it back in every hour or so but it can easily done by hand.

This guitar has 22 frets with a quite thick neck. It has a carved maple top, in tobacco sunburst. It has a standard Les Paul style bridge and tail piece, with 2 gold humbucker pick-ups. It is a very heavy guitar, it is also very thick, it hurts your back and shoulder if you play standing up and if you play sitting down it hurts your legs. Not a bad guitar but weight is an issue.

rv_phoenix
    andr3vv wrote: honestly dynastywest69 it is an awful guitar for the price range...my advice spent the extra couple of hundred pounds that you would spend on the pickups and get a michael kelly patriot custom...now that is an unbelievable guitar for the money...it can keep up with some lower end gibsons and out do epiphone copies any day..trust me on this ..DO NOT GET A WESTFIELD ELECTRIC GUITAR,THEY ONLY MAKE ACOUSTICS!!! AND PLEASE PLEASE DO NOT BUY FROM A GUITAR SHOP THEY WILL OVER CHARGE YOU TO THE BALLS!! BUY ONLINE!!
    These are some of the most stupid advices one can give to his fellows guitar players. Westfields aren't Gibsons, but neither are the Michael Kellys! In fact, they are both made in China, probably in the same factory which mass-produces 10.000 guitars a month, only the badges being different. So buy your guitars according to their individual quality, not brand. That's why you should never buy online . How can you listent to a guitar online? How can you observe all those details which assure you it is well done, regardless the brand? (Of course, I'm not talking about brands like Behringer, Dimavery or Stagg, who are a disgrace for the guitar world: Westfield is actually in the upper league, compared to them.) So buy only from music shops, because a bad guitar will cost you much more than the shop charges you , not to mention the setup the shop has to make it perfectly. Don't be cheap when buying such delicate things, be clever!
    wysiwyg73
    Just bought one of these secondhand for a little over 50 for my first 6 string. Why buy new and take a financial risk? It sounds reasonable through my Marshall amp with a wide range of tone - good enough to play about with and maybe learn a little. I doubt I could find better for the money. The build quality is good - on mine at least. As for weight, it isn't that far off my Epi LP Standard Bass, obviously on account of the mahogany body.