E4500 review by Westfield

Westfield: E4500

Purchased from: Ebay

This is my first guitar I've owned so haven't yet settled on a music style, I'm not a hard rock or country fan, I favour more softer rock, jazz and Pop-Rock. I've played it through a Line 6 30 watt amp with no effects; and I love the sound, its a deep, rich tone, unlike the various starter guitars I've played with no depth at all. I've compared it against various guitars such as the Squier Standard Telecaster, Ibanez ART 120 and Vintage VS6 and it has a really good sound compared to them, the VS6 is similar but I chose the Westfield due to there being not a lot of difference between pickups on the VS6. It's not the loudest guitar, but I like that, its more for chord playing than picking, I expect. But who am I to say.

Considering I only just started playing I couldn't ask for more. I'd like some first hand experience on the guitar but being an unknown brand, I doubt I could have got that. I'd think the person who'd steal it have made a good choice but I'd still be extremely annoyed, its an excellent guitar but being me, I'd HAVE to buy something different. I love the finish and colour, its amazing, as well as the richness and depth of the sound. The gold hardware finished the look off to a tee. I don't hate a thing, I don't even dislike anything, yet. My only concern was that I haven't tried it against an Epiphone Les Paul, but from what I've seen, the Westfield has to be better.

The Guitar looks to be very solidly built, very heavy as well. I haven't found a weak point in the harware, the volume knobs seem a little "underweight" but should be fine. The 3 way selector switch is a little clicky but again, looks fine. I'm not going to be doing any gigging (obviously) but I shouldn't need to buy another (yet!). The finish is brilliant, it was one of the reasons I chose the guitar in the first place. Whether it stays like that remains to be seen.

The Guitar was set up well, the action is relatively low. The pickups seemed well set, It came with the right colour, and was advertised correctly. The finish of colour and parts are gorgeous. Not much more to say really.

Made in 2011 the Guitar is, I've heard, crafted (as they say these days) in Korea, but I'm not completely sure. The wood is a "dense" wood, very much like Mahogany but may be Basswood. It has 22 frets on a rosewood fretboard in a "Les Paul" style. It's also a glossy top, finished in 'Wine Red' with gold hardware (tuning posts etc) and Abalone fretboard inlays. It comes with Twin Humbuckers and they have a volume and tone knob each and your able to select which, or both pickups with a 3-way selector switch between Treble and Rhythm. A gig bag, strap and cable was included in the purchase.

BigSmokeDawg
    Don't be a douche. Buy it from a shop so that they keep in business. If everyone tried the guitar in a shop and then bought it online, where would you go to try them in the first place?
    MarkoakaNiggaK
    rv_phoenix wrote: andr3vv wrote: honestly dynastywest69 it is an awful guitar for the price range...my advice spent the extra couple of hundred pounds that you would spend on the pickups and get a michael kelly patriot custom...now that is an unbelievable guitar for the money...it can keep up with some lower end gibsons and out do epiphone copies any day..trust me on this ..DO NOT GET A WESTFIELD ELECTRIC GUITAR,THEY ONLY MAKE ACOUSTICS!!! AND PLEASE PLEASE DO NOT BUY FROM A GUITAR SHOP THEY WILL OVER CHARGE YOU TO THE BALLS!! BUY ONLINE!! These are some of the most stupid advices one can give to his fellows guitar players. Westfields aren't Gibsons, but neither are the Michael Kellys! In fact, they are both made in China, probably in the same factory which mass-produces 10.000 guitars a month, only the badges being different. So buy your guitars according to their individual quality, not brand. That's why you should never buy online. How can you listent to a guitar online? How can you observe all those details which assure you it is well done, regardless the brand? (Of course, I'm not talking about brands like Behringer, Dimavery or Stagg, who are a disgrace for the guitar world: Westfield is actually in the upper league, compared to them.) So buy only from music shops, because a bad guitar will cost you much more than the shop charges you, not to mention the setup the shop has to make it perfectly. Don't be cheap when buying such delicate things, be clever!
    well about buying guitars online. i bought my strat online from tomann.de but only after trying that modell i wanted in a guitar shop and learning how to set it up properly. online buying s not a tabu. first try the guitar in a shop nearby, then inform your self about which online dealers are dependeble and have a waranty on the delivery. for europe thomann.deis te only dependeble i know of.
    Lynntotteyvine
    I won my Westfield E4500 on eBay for 50 & it is the best 50 I have ever spent. The guitar is amazing built in 2006 it is a sunburst colour which looks stunning.As for sound mine has a sustain to die for, I play heavy rock - Led Zepplin, Jimmy Page stuff & it was made for the job, I also have a Shine SG which I use for playing Santana music, but the E4500 can handle Santana as well. I play for 1 - 2 hours a day and hate putting the E4500 down, it keeps in tune brilliantly the action is just right for some beautiful bends. Reading the above reviews all I can say is that the saying is true, no two guitars ever sound the same, but I can't believe that I was lucky enough to buy a perfect one! I certainly would never part with mine. It plays sweetly, sounds truly awesome & looks stunning, what more can I say, I would recommend the E4500 to anyone whether beginning or experienced you really won't be disappointed. I don't get many lucky days, but the day I bought the E4500 was 1 really lucky day.
    rv_phoenix
    Trying a guitar in a music shop and then buying the same model online doesn't mean testing it. Due to wood and pickup wounding peculiarities, THERE AREN'T TWO IDENTICAL GUITARS in the whole world, even those made by the same luthier, even when crafted from the same trunk of timber etc. etc. Then, buying online lets you completely deprived of any kind of support: setup, intonation, strings advice, matching guitar to amps and pedals and so on. Beginners - or amateurs, to put it straight - just don't understand how delicate is this matter, named guitar . The newly added review, posted by a beginner, shows it clearly. The guy chose the Westfield - basicly, a decent, entry level copy of a Les Paul - over a Vintage VS6 - an SG-type guitar - because... he had the feeling that Vintage's humbuckers don't sound different enough (?!). My friend, Westfield isn't such a bad guitar actually, but Vintage VS6 plays in another league! It's a semi-pro to pro instrument, favored by respectable players, such as Mick Abrahams, who has seen quite a few Gibsons in his life. Choosing the Westfield over it isn't a good start in guitar playing.