E4500 review by Westfield

• Reviewer's score: 7 Good
Westfield: E4500

Purchased from: music market

I play mainly hard rock and metal. This guitar does the job and would be perfect for a beginner but since I now own two high end Jacksons I'm going to upgrade the pickups etc. Just to improve the quality. The pickups have great sustain and sound very different which gives a variety of tones to the instrument. The only problem with sound really is that the pickup output is quite low and leaves you wanting a bit more when playing things like Metallica. I reckon the pickups were put in the wrong way round because I use the neck pickup for riffing and the bridge pickup for stuff I'd normally use the neck pickup for as that's how they sound.

This is a decent guitar for a beginner or experienced player but upgrading some of the features would make it so much better. This was my first real decent guitar and helped me get to where I am now. I still use it nearly everyday even though I have two Jacksons. If it were stolen I wouldn't buy it again because I can afford better guitars now but its certainly a decent guitar. My favourite feature as I mentioned before is the body itself which is a great basis for adding quality hardware which can ake a very nice guitar.

I havent played live but ive played this guitar non stop for up to three hours before and its fine. Its quite heavy though and may not be comfortable standing up. I probably wouldnt use this guitar live at all because I'm a shred person now and this guitar is certainly not designed for that and doesent have a fast neck but for rythem work or guns n roses stuff it would be good. The finish has lasted me 5 years of playing nearly every day and doesent dent easily so I think its very good. The strap buttons have never come loose but they are jsut cheap diecast ones.

This guitar was not set up but is fine as it is. Despite being a low end guitar it is very well made with no inconstancies in the wood or finish. Ive had this guitar 5 or 6 years now, the pickup covers and the bridge have rusted or oxidised a bit but it gives the guitar a more Vintage look. Tuning pegs are knocked out of tune very easily which is why I'm upgrading them to locking tuners. the pickup toggle is noisy and a but annoying but not a major problem. The wood is excellent quality and very heavy.

Les Paul style with mahogany body with flamed maple top. Rosewood fretboard with 22 frets. Decent for rhythm work but certainly not a thin neck for shredding. Passive stock pickups which are not bad but you might want to upgrade them as the output is quite low. Die cast tuners which are ok but again could be upgraded which would greatly improve the guitar. The best feature of the guitar is the body itself as it is very good quality mahogany whilst everything else is stock. Each pickup has its own volume and tone control which makes the guitar quite versatile.

farley297
    Guys, What do you expect for a couple of hundred quid? It's an OK guitar. £200 is nothing for a guitar, if you want top end then spend £2,000 and you'll get it. It's a real good beginner - intermediate guitar. When you have learnt your craft get the real thing. Farl