XV-890HSS review by Xaviere

• Users' score: 10 (1 vote)
Xaviere: XV-890HSS

Purchased from: Guitar Fetish

I play many styles and so far... It seems quite adaptable. I haven't yet explored variations in sound and textures. No noticeable pickup or electronic noise. Pots seem smooth. Have only had the time to run it through my multi track recorder. Will run it through a few amps this week and see how that goes.

Overall impression is that this is an excellent guitar for the money. I figured this would be the case since their last load of these had already been sold when I first came upon their website. Unfortunately, it's not often that you find a retailer of items built overseas that genuinely has taken the time and effort to insure a measure of consistency and quality control. As a former importer of furniture and arts/crafts from around the world, I can appreciate how difficult this is!

Don't really know how well this instrument will stand up since I just got it. Everything does have a nice solid feel to it. I would assume that it will hold up as well as it's taken care of. From initial impressions, I wouldn't hesitate to use this as a main instrument.

Decent set-up for "straight out of the box". I think I can adjust it a bit better for my liking but overall... They've done quite a nice job. The only thing noticeable is the bookmatched top. It quite simply... Isn't. Nor did I expect it to be. They are 2 very nice pieces of wood but I'm pretty sure they aren't related... Lol. Other than that, no flaws what'soever have been noticed.

This is the flametop/glued neck version with locking tremelo. I ordered mine in the natural finish. I also purchased this guitar with the tweed case. Overall look of the finish and details of the guitar are excellent. Nothing about this guitar screams "cheap". It seems well put together.

MaggaraMarine
    A bit of lack of details here and there. I would have wanted to hear more about this. Looks cool. For example a bit more about the sound and if it stays in tune. Which woods used, which pickups does it have, etc? Just too short review that really doesn't tell anything more than the pictures when I look at them.
    Way Cool JR.
    I really dig the Blue and Purple ones especially with the white pups, pretty sexy. I imagine these are pretty decent guitars for the money. Everything I have bought from GFS has been outstanding quality for the little money the charge.
    mikesucho
    Great review. I ordered one Monday but glad your happy with yours. I should have mint tomorrow.