AES820 review by Yamaha

Yamaha: AES820

Purchased from: PMT

The Yamaha AES 820 D6 suits my music style down to the ground, my music style is rock/punk rock (Green day) but I do also like to play Indie such as The Coral. My amp is a Peavey transtube envoy which is a 40 watt amp which makes this Yamaha rock on more then ever. On full volume this guitar does not lose that much, it has a brilliant rich and full sound that will not let you down. They're is some variety you can maake the guitar sound very acoustic and then you can crank it up to grunge or hard rock.

I play music like razorlight, chilis, ash, green day, franz, weezer and it matches with any of these types of music, the guitar sound just rules. I have been playing for 7 months but I learn quick I also own a Peavey envoy amp and also a Peavey electric guitar. There is nothing better I could have asked for this guitar is the one for me. I would probably get the same but I like a change hopefully it won't get stolen. I love the sound, size, colour, locking tuners, the only thing I don't like is that it gathers dust sorry could'nt think of anything else. My favourite feature is either the body style or the tuners. Well I compared it to my old Peavey electric guitar and this one without the Peavey giving one punch. I wish it had yellow flames on the paintwork.

The guitar is very suitable for live playing this is what I'm planning to play live with and it won't let me down. The hardware is also very solid and seems great. Strap buttons are solid and I would completely depend on it, but I would take a backup just incase (anything can happen). The finish really does kick ass and the longevity looks huge.

Nothing was done wrong with this guitar.

The main thing I first noticed before purchasing the Yamaha AES 820 D6 I noticed the tuning was different instead of having the standard tuning, the tuning on the AES 820 D6 is B E A D F# B this concerned me abit but the great thing is that you can still play all the chords in the same places. Another thing is that the neck length has been extended so that provides an optimum balance between neck length and playability. It has a solid alder body, 26 1/4" scale drop 6 maple neck the fingerboard is rosewood, sperzel locking tuners (which I love)DiMarzio pickups and some of the coolest neo-retro knobs. The controls given on this guitar are 2 volume knobs for the 3-way selector and a tone which really does change the sounds of the guitar. The style of the guitar is quite unique and it comes in four colours but I could'nt say no to the metallic blue. The other strange but great thing is every where I check I see it for 470 or more (first hand) so was it a steal.