EG112 review by Yamaha

Yamaha: EG112

I play metal, and although it doesn't really look like a metal guitar, it is capable of sounding metal. Since I am poor, I use a small but loud honeytone amp which cost as much as the guitar! And I use no effect pedals. Only on two of five selector positions does it not make a static noise. On one it sounds good, on the other one it has a weird clean and distorted sound. It sounds pretty good, good pinch harmonics (but other guitars make better). If I turn the tone down on clean and put it on the strange selector setting, and pluck softly it makes a good bass sound!

I play metal, but even though it doesn't really look metal it sounds metal. I've been playing this guitar for about 5 months, all guitar for about 3.5 years. I also own a honeytone amp and a small Livewire cable, no effects. I also own a nylon acoustic guitar from Mexico. I would have asked if it came with anything else like an amp or any other gear. If it were stolen I would have to get this guitar again because I can't afford anything else. I like the neck, it's very smooth unlike my acoustic. I don't really like the pickguard though. It would look cooler without it. It's pretty much like a Stratocaster and I would choose this over a Strat because this is cheaper and just as easy to play. I wish it had the plug on the front like a real Stratocaster. Overall a good guitar for beginner to intermediate.

It has withstood Live playing, the hardware does look quite durable, the strap buttons are solid, but one was loose, but I fixed it. It really is a dependable guitar, but I would still have a backup. I think no matter what guitar you have you should always have a backup however. The finish is good and lasting quite well, I think it should last.

Different from my acoustic it doesn't really have a problem with tuning, so that leads me to believe it was put together properly. Pickups are pretty good, although the humbucker is a little too small for its "pickup space" (is that even a term, I don't know), but it's even, well aligned, bridge does better with lower tunings and lighter strings. Well since I bought it used, it had a couple scrapes, the nut may meed a little more cutting because the 6th string sometimes gets loose (rarely), and the selector Switch is a little hard to move but that's about it.

Not sure what year it was made, but it was made in Indonesia, it has 22 frets, rosewood fretboard, bolt-on maple neck, basswood body, Strat body (Strat copy actually), Vintage vibrato system with whammy bar, not sure about passive or active, has a volume and tone control, 5 way Switch, 3 pickups, 2 single coil, 1 humbucker (I think the humbucker makes the least amount of static noise), non locking (whammy bar screws up tuning), and it only came with a gig bag.

Sudaka
    This is my only guuitar, I bought it used, And in almost three years I haven`t changed nothin else than the strings... sounds pretty good. i would definetly recommend this if U R going to buy your first electric guitar!!!
    VanDutchie
    this is seriously one of the worst guitars i have had the "pleasure" of playing. its disgusting