EG112 review by Yamaha

Yamaha: EG112

I am a metal player, but I like to use this guitar for cleans and some rock. I am playing this guitar through a Peavey Vypyr 75 watt solid state amp. I have to say it isn't a very versatile guitar in terms of sound, not much output, but hey, it's a Strat copy.

Not the best match for me, a metal player, but I will definitely be playing this guitar for a long time. I will be ordering an Ibanez ART300 soon, which I will review. If I keep this guitar long enough, I will probably swap the bridge pickup for something more metal, like an Invader or a JB. Overall, it's a really solid guitar, just not what I'm looking for sound wise.

I've only owned this guitar for a little bit more than a week and I've been hitting it all over the place. Only got two scratches. Quite a durable guitar if you ask me. I like that the guitar has these enourmous strap buttons. It took me a while to equip the strap, but it's worth it to not have the guitar falling when I play, like my friend's guitars do. There are no problems with the finish, it definitely won't peel off or anything like that. I am only a beginner, this is my first guitar, so I don't gig, but I am fairly certain that this guitar would survive gigging conditions. Very well made guitar.

I can't comment on the factory setup since the guitar was given to me by my best friend's dad. The action is pretty good for such a cheap guitar. There is a little bit of fret buzz here and there. The action is pretty low, but nothing to cream yourself over. I could probably lower it a little bit more and not get buzz. Also, the set screws on the bridge potrude and rip up my hand when I tough the bridge (I am an anchorer for the most part). Not a huge problem, I could just put a piece of tape over the bridge or just stop anchoring, haha. Other than that, there is nothing wrong with the guitar.

This Yamaha EG 112 fat Strat copy electric guitar was made in Indonesia. It's body is made of solid basswood. The neck is made o maple, and it has 22 frets and a rosewood fretboard. The body has a black gloss finish, and the back of the neck finish is natural satin. It has a Strat-shaped body (duh!). It's got a humbucker pickup in the bridge position, a single coil pickup in the middle position, and a single coil pickup in the neck position. All the pickups are passive. It has a Vintage Tremolo bridge. There as a 5-way blade pickup selector, a master volume knob, and a master tone knob.

cohen5250
    Sorry about the abundant mistakes in my review guys, it was late at night, and I was tired, haha
    Zero_Soomdrag
    i have this guitar, been using it for about 2 years now... and its really nice, i actually learned how to play on this guitar, i play Metal and this guitar is good at it, been doing plenty of gigs with it and never gave me any problems.... but now that i am more of an experimented guitar player and have a band i'm thinking about buying a LTD F-250 or a JS30RR... dunno jet, but yeah the Yamaha is definitively a good guitar
    mario_zervoudis
    PLZ I'VE JUST BOUGHT EG 112 I;M AZ STARTERAND WANT TO NOW IF THE GUITAR IS GOOD IF SOMEONE NOWS PLZ ANSWER!!!! THX
    live4rhythm
    this was my first guitar. it's covered in stickers from when i was younger, but it's cheaper than custom paint lol. i still love the sound now, but i'm making changes. i'm bending up the trem bar so it dives deeper, i fiddled withe the screws to act like a pivoting bridge, i slanted the single coils, and i'm getting an EMG humbucker off a friend... i just dont know where the battery box will go... also, i'm in the market for locking tuning pegs. what ones would fit the eg 112?