EG112 review by Yamaha

• Reviewer's score: 6.2 Neat
Yamaha: EG112

Purchased from: Local shop

I play alot of music and this guitar is ok for them. I can get a variety of tones through my Roland Cube 15X and Zomm pedal, but the pickups are very disappointing. But for 99 I hardly expected a great sound.

This was my first guitar and I don't regret it, but I wish I'd spent another 50 on an epiphone. I wouldn't reccomend it unless you are on a very tight budget. If you do buy it make sure you get it set up. After a year of playing it, I started to hate it because it would go out of tune alot, and I realised how bad the pickups were.

I dropped it and it easily got dented, but in my opinion it added to the look of it. I would never gig with this, let alone without a backup. In worst case scenario it would be my backup (I would use my Epiphone Les Paul. The finish seems like it will last a few good years.

The guitar was set up terribly at the factory. The pickups were absolutely horrific and the action was too low. I had to pay extra money for it to be set up properly but it was good after that. I got it in metallic black and it looks quite nice.

I got this guitar is 2009 but am not sure in which year it was made. It's your basic Strat style guitar; 5 way switch, Dot inlays. It was a bridge humbucker though. It came with a gigbag.