EG112C review by Yamaha

• Reviewer's score: 5.6 Decent
Yamaha: EG112C

Purchased from: Sams Club

I play metal, and it doesnt give me the distortion that I need. I have bought a new amp and it has reverb and chorus on it. When the volume on the guitar is not on 10 there's like a static sound, when it is on ten the 2nd and 5th pickup setting is the most clearest. Pitch/pinch harmonics are hard to hear through this guitar, actually any harmonic is hard to hear on it and the high E string is really difficult to hear clearly.

I play metal and this is not good for the low tuning. I've been playing for about 3 years and have bought 3 amps. I wish that I had gotten a Jackson Randy Rhoads Custom. If it were stolen or lost I would get a diffrent guitar. I love that it's a guitar, I hate that I can't hear it really well. I didn't compare it with anything because it was a gift for christmas but iwanted to get Jackson Randy Rhoads Custom.

The guitar will stand live playing. The hardware probably wouldn't last 5 years. The strap buttons are solid. I wouldn't soley depend on it. I've had it for about 3 years and the paint is still on it.

I guess that the guitar set up at the factory was right, everything is set up right.

- 2 single coil pickups, 1 humbucking pickup - Maple neck, rosewood fingerboard, basswood body - Master volume and master tone controls - Vintage vibrato system with 5 position pickup Switch - Volume, gain, bass, and treble knobs.