EG112C review by Yamaha

Yamaha: EG112C

Purchased from: don

I play mostly metal and classic rock, and it works pretty good. It sounds good distorted, and I enjoy playing its in drop C. Its kind of noisy, but its a cheap guitar. I use a crate XT120 and a Boss ME50 effects pedal, it makes buzzing noises when I play it clean. The guitar is perfect for beginners, more advanced players will be dissappointed. I also have a Les Paul Classic and I think the Yamaha sounds better in alternate tunings.

This guitar is pretty good for the money. It fine for playing any kind of metal or rock. I've been playing for three years and I also have a es Paul Classic and an Ibanez AEF30E acoustic-electric. If the guitar was stolen I would probaly replace it with another cheap guitar. I probaly would replace it if I lost it, but I don't understand how you can lose a guitar. It's better than the Squiers for the same price.

I'm pretty sure the guitar could take live playing (my friend accidentally closed the trunk of his car on it andit's sounds fine). The hardware will last a while, but I would replace the pickups. The strap buttons are fine, I'm not sure if I would use the guitar for a gig if I just bought it, mines slightly modified and more dependable. The factory finish was really thin, I easily sanded it to the wood with a power sander and some hand sanding, but I don't think it will wear off from playing.

I raised the strings because the action was to low for my taste. It's easier to tap on it if you raise the action, if you keep it from the factory it sounds terrible. The only problem other than the action when I got it was the jack, it had to be replaced.

I got this guitar in 2002 from some pawn shop. It came with a gig bag and an amp. Rosewood fretboard, maple neck, pine body. It was black with a white pickguard, but I made a pickguard out of oak and stained the wood blue.