EG112C review by Yamaha

Yamaha: EG112C

Purchased from: Pawn Shop

It's great for beginners, and considering that's who this guitar is obviously aimed at, it's great. I love playing classic rock on it, but it's not that great for metal. It has a rich, warm sound when you play it clean, and can handle a little distortion for heavier rock.

I play in a metal band, but I also play alot of classic rock when I'm by myself just kind of playin around, and it was great. I've been playing for awhile now, almost a year I think. No, this is perfect for a beginner, and that was what I was when I first bought it. If it got stolen, I would consider buying another if I could find it cheap, I love the warm feeling of it. It would be hard to compare to my King V, because they serve different purposes.

I wouldn't play live with it, simply because I have a King V and I would use it, but I'm sure it could if you didn't smash it around. The strap buttons didn't budge, they were great, and the hardward seems to have passed several tests of time. I wouldn't solely depend on any one guitar. You never know what could happen. The finish is very good, nice, thick coats.

The paint job was a little scratched, but it seemed old so you know, it can be expected. Everything else was great.

I'm not really sure about the year, or where it was made, or even what kind of body it is. I know it has 22 frets, rosewoord fretboard, it's a Strat like body, and is black with a white pick guard. It's got a string through body bridge (very nice), single volume and tone, and a 5-way selector for the humbucker and dual pickups.

hektorluvsjenni
    i bought mine for like 150 its a great guitar my 2nd one and its fine except the stupid bridge that keeps on messin up!...and yeah thats all..