EG112C review by Yamaha

• Reviewer's score: 7 Good
Yamaha: EG112C

It suited my style quite well. I do a wide variety of alternative, rock, punk, metal, classic rock, etc. With or without disortion the sound is great, with capabilities with any type of style you choose. It can be noisy if you want it to, but it can be quite calming when you want it to. The guitar can make sounds of an acoustic, to a sound of a heavy metal clash. Quite a wide range really if you tweak with it. The sound is full but not as bright as a maple neck.

I play all types of rock, this was an excellent match. I have been playing the electric guitar for 2-3 years. I would get something else if it was lost or stolen. It's nice, but there are better guitars out there. I love the variety it can play, and how well it fitted my style when I needed it to. My favorite features were the rosewood neck, and the humbucker pickups. I did compare this to my Johnson Stratocaster I recently have gotten after this one broke. I didn't really get the choice to get this guitar. It was all I had and it did well for my kick off as a guitarist. I love it the way it is.

Yes, it can stand playing quite well. The hardware lasted a good 2 years for me, so I would say it's reliable. Just don't go trying to smash into hard wood floors or anything. I would have used it at a gig without a backup if mine hadn't broke in an accident recently, but it still sounds great, so even if there was an accident at a gig it would still play.

The pickups are quite nice, humbuckers, with two other pick ups to boot. As far as I know when I got it, it was fine, very well done. But I still had to take it to someone to help fix it up a bit. I was never told what was up with it, so I cannot tell you much of that.

Well, rosewood neck, in my opinion that makes a good sound. The body is almost a wannabe Stratocaster, but when you look at it the curving is a little different depending on which Strat your talking about. There are 23 frets, and you have only one nob for the tone, and one for the volume. The handeling is really for beginners, but it is good for any type of guitarist. It did a great job getting me started as an electric guitar soloist, so I recomend anyone to use it. It is quite reliable. When you get the package you are given a 10 watt Yamaha amp, chord to hook it up to, a wammy bar, a few pics, an instruction manual, and a starter book with a carrying case and tuner. It dose not break too easily. It took 2 years for mine to completely fall apart on me after using it in a band and what not. The neck when dropped flat face can crack, but it will still go on not changing the sound for a while. It is an all around reliable guitar good for any kind of guitarist.

Lostindamnation
    This was my first guitar and I (along with everyone else who played it) was surprised how good it was for the price. The electronics are a bit sketchy; the switch is finicky sometimes. I had some problems with strings breaking, but a little file work took care of it.
    Sanitarium91
    My first guitar, i' ve had it for nearly 2 years. I like it. I play it every day and it hasn't been out of tune for over 2 months now. Is that normal? I guess i've just taken good care of it.
    djcarlos
    This Guitar is the best! I bought Yamaha EG-112 7 months ago and I'm very proud. This Guitar has very good sound and cool viev.